Company: Lewis Brisbois Bisgarrd & Smith LLP
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Billing Specialist position is responsible for editing,
maintaining, processing and submitting legal service invoices to
our clients in all formats which currently include but are not
limited to electronic, email and paper formats. This position
requires excellent communication skills and a high level of
professionalism in order to service our clients, management,
attorneys and other staff. The position requires an individual that
is able to effectively, efficiently and successfully administer
monthly billing, and research, respond to and resolve inquiries or
discrepancies regarding billing related issues. The Billing
Specialist must understand and demonstrate expertise in all facets
of the electronic billing function, particularly for insurance
defense matters which may include split and other complex billing
arrangements. This is a full-time position working a minimun of
37.5 hours per week, overtime is sometimes required. We offer a
competitive salary and benefots package including a 401K with
employer contribution. Compensation ranges listed are for qualified
candidates with relevant experience.
The following is intended to describe the general nature of the
job. The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and other
duties may be assigned in addition to those listed. The items
listed below are considered daily functions associated with this
- Accurately and efficiently generate, edit, prepare and execute
monthly prebills and subsequent invoices and appeals for submission
- Along with attorneys and other functional area stakeholders,
take ownership of all steps in the billing process.
- Understand and demonstrate expertise in all facets of the
electronic billing function, particularly for insurance defense
matters which may include split and other complex billing
- Ensure proper billing protocol and established guidelines are
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing related
- Update billing log to capture and reflect all actions taken and
status of matters.
- Reliable, consistent attendance in the office is
- Other duties as assigned and/or needed.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of four (4) years billing
experience, including a minimum of two (2) years working with
electronic billing. Aderant, Elite, LawTime (or equivalent) legal
accounting software experience. eBillingHub experience is a plus,
and an Accounting Degree is preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the education, experience, skills,
knowledge and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential duties. Occasional lifting of heavy paperwork such as
checks. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may
involve walking, standing, bending, kneeling, lifting, or
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Hands on familiarity with multiple e-billing vendor systems and
outside counsel guidelines.
- Strong technology and office skills, including advanced
proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook, and ability to create,
edit, and present complex data, analyses and ad hoc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an
aptitude for working with numbers.
- Effectively and credibly interact and communicate with
attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Detail-oriented with a customer service approach and attitude
- Anticipate work needs and organize work flow; follow through
with minimal direction and follow up independently and on own
- Multi-task, use time efficiently and perform professionally and
at a high level under tight deadlines and in a fast paced
ever-changing work environment, and successfully prioritize and
adapt to changing demands.
- Flexibility to adjust to varied situations and possibly work
weekends or evenings as needed.
Minimum SalaryUSD $65,000.00/Yr.
Maximum SalaryUSD $75,000.00/Yr.
Keywords: Lewis Brisbois Bisgarrd & Smith LLP, Costa Mesa , Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!