Labor Industrial Engineer
Company: EL Pollo Loco
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: September 12, 2022
Our restaurants are only the tip of the flame. If you're looking
for a fast paced, innovative and welcoming workplace then a career
with our Corporate Familia is right for you.
What's in it for you!
- Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
- Vacation + Sick Pay
- Bonus Compensation for eligible positions
- Casual Friday's
- Bring your dog to work Friday's
- Discounts of El Pollo Loco food
- Discounts on theme parks, movie tickets, sports, hotels and
- Employee referral bonus programCompany & Culture
For over 35 years El Pollo Loco continues to dominate the market in
delivering the best citrus-marinated fire-grilled chicken. We
opened our first restaurant in 1980 in Los Angeles, and today we
are over 450 restaurants strong and still growing! From our
products to our people, we're truly amazing!
- Executes time and motion studies and labor analysis for new and
existing restaurant processes.
- Develops, interprets, and implements analytical concepts for
labor planning and control.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and labor optimization for
workforce management decisions within various departments.
- Engages cross-functionally with other departments (e.g.,
Research & Development, Store Development, Training and Finance) to
provide labor analysis, support and recommendations for maximizing
- Ensures consistent and effective implementation of labor
standards across company owned restaurants.Essential Duties and
- Provides labor maintenance support in areas related to the
development of standards for new and existing menu items,
procedures and equipment.
- Conducts time and motion studies to identify labor
- Analyzes data, comparing to existing labor standards, and
adjusts labor standards accordingly.
- Supports equipment and systems innovation related to throughput
improvement, operating complexity, and equipment and operational
cost reduction initiatives.
- Uses human factors and cognitive engineering education to
develop improved workstations and easier-to-use equipment.
- Performs routine analysis of all kitchen processes including
food waste, capacity, throughput, and solution implementation
looking for ways to reduce complexity, improve workstation design,
eliminate wasted motion and minimize bottlenecks.
- Creates and assigns labor tables for new restaurants, performs
system tests prior to opening, and follows up after restaurant
openings to ensure standards are met.
- Provides support to field leaders troubleshooting labor
- Assigns and manages above guideline hours and exceptions for
- Creates labor schedules, labor reports, deployment charts and
trains field managers as needed.
- Assist cross functional teams to maximize the results of all
assigned projects by utilizing throughput and analytical skills to
contribute effectively to the project team.
- Manages labor guideline updates.
- Manages process to link new menu items with labor standards in
the labor system.
- Updates labor tables and loads labor standards for budgetary
- Recommends staffing levels based on projected demand.
- Validates individual restaurant labor budget data for accuracy,
requests updates and additional data if needed.
- Ensures timely and accurate builds a new labor system with
newly updated standards while ensuring labor budget is met.
- Interacts professionally and ethically, constructively
participating as a collaborative team member or leader in pursuit
of common goals.Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee and may include other duties as
This position has no oversight or accountability for others.
Qualifications - Education, Experience, License/Certifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the
job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.The
requirements listed below are representative of the education
and/or experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Business Administration, Finance,
Accounting, Economics or a related field is preferred but not
required. Minimum of 2 years as a Labor Analyst in a medium to
large organization. Equivalent combination of education and
experience may be considered in lieu of required education.
Knowledge on data extraction, organization and reporting is the
primary skill-set required for this position along with ability to
perform these procedures efficiently and present results of the
work. Work experience in the QSR industry is highly preferred.
A ServSafe license and a current driver's license is required.
Keywords: EL Pollo Loco, Costa Mesa , Labor Industrial Engineer, Engineering , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!