Sr. Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Perform geotechnical analysis and study to assess construction
- Plan and conduct geotechnical exploration effectively.
- Perform field and environmental investigations for construction
- Analyze geotechnical findings, perform appropriate calculations
and prepare data reports to Manager.
--- Develop proposals and determine cost and schedule for
- Provide direction to technical team in field inspection
- Interact with customers and team members to complete the
assigned project on-time.
- Assist Managers in design and evaluation of constructions.
- Develop design drawings and specifications for construction
- Review and approve geotechnical designs.
- Review construction design proposals and approve geotechnical
- Manage and execute engineering projects in support of business
with a focus on temporary structures (including support of
excavation systems), foundations and other features relating to our
construction operations and bidding.
- Knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to codes,
design criteria, and structural theories.
- Identify risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Review and track design package status, generates, and follows
up with the request for information (RFIs) or field change
- Producing deliverable packages complete with detailed
geotechnical calculations and all necessary documentation as well
as ensure accuracy of the design drawings.
- Perform quantity take offs for cost estimates, payment
applications, and schedule updates.
- Assist the scheduling department and able to prepare his/her
- Assist in the preparation of detailed requisitions for material
purchase, services, and subcontracts.
- Assist in the preparation and issuance of specifications, data
sheets, and other construction documents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients in order to
define their needs, explain technical information, concepts or
- Verify and complete request for proposals, estimates, and other
- Review quotations utilizing supplier information, cost
standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing,
engineering, and design.
- Determine possibility of conflicts/delays in the construction
process by reviewing project drawings. Analyze the process to
determine likelihood of detection and resulting effect. Suggest
preventative steps for correction.
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master's Degree from an accredited university in Engineering
(or related field)
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of
- Minimum of ten (10)+ years of related work experience
- High engineering knowledge in geotechnical civil works:
foundations, embankments, slurry walls, ground
- Familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically
associated with engineering.
- Communication - excellent oral presentation and written
- Goal oriented - able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal - able to work well and persuade people at all
- Organizational ability - able to plan, prioritize, organize and
monitor activities and projects.
- Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team
- Ability to travel extensively. Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience with Scheduling software (i.e.
Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project).
Keywords: Dragados, Costa Mesa , Sr. Geotechnical Engineer, Engineering , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...