RF Circuit Design Engineer
Company: Anduril Industries
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a
mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with
advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and
business model of the 21st century's most innovative companies to
the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are
designed, built and sold. Anduril's family of systems is powered by
Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of
data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the
world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed
to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor
fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Modeling, simulation, analysis, design, test, and optimization
of active and passive RF and/or mixed signal circuits.
- Assist with RF system and/or subsystem requirement development
and feasibility studies.
- Select and characterize components, generate schematics, and
work closely with PCB layout to ensure circuit designs meet
requirements while striving for first pass design success.
- Board bring up, test, and circuit optimizations.
- Develop circuit verification test plans and assist with
testing. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years experience
- Experience with RF cascade analyses, component selection, and
- Experience with RF front end circuit designs like receivers,
transmitters, gain control, and power control.
- Experience and expertise with off the shelf discrete RF
components like low noise amplifiers, filters, mixers, phase locked
loops (PLLs) / synthesizers, oscillators, general purpose
amplifiers, variable attenuators, switches, power detectors, and
- Familiar with software defined radio development including data
converters (digital to analog and analog to digital converters),
clock trees, data converter interfaces, and sampling concepts.
- Experience with schematic capture and guiding PCB layout.
- Experience with board bring up, test, and optimization.
- Experience with test plan development and test execution.
- Experience developing circuit models and simulations using
tools like Ansys Electronics Desktop (Nexxim, SiWave) and Cadence
AWR Microwave Office.
- Significant experience and expertise with test equipment like
vector network analyzers (VNAs), spectrum analyzers, signal
generators, power meters, oscilloscopes, multimeters, and power
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Secret security
clearance PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with 3D electromagnetic modeling and simulation
using tools like Ansys HFSS, CST, and Feko.
- Familiar with nonlinear circuit simulation (harmonic balance
and envelope simulations) using tools like AWR Microwave
- Familiar with matching circuit and RF filter design.
- Experience with PCB design / layout.
- Experience with RF requirement development and feasibility
- Familiar with programming languages like Python for analysis
and test automation.
- Familiar with embedded Linux.
$88,000 - $220,000 a year
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range
of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual
salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work
experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or
business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are
included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril's total
compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier
benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family
planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril
provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid
time off. A professional development stipend is available to all
Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the
work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter
assigned to this role can share more information about the specific
compensation and benefit details associated with this role during
the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a
diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of
incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are
disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future
of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated
with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service,
Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per
federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal
history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable
state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized
minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply,
and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for
all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone
passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact,
we'd love to hear from you!
Keywords: Anduril Industries, Costa Mesa , RF Circuit Design Engineer, Engineering , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!