Senior Product Manager, Ticket Distribution
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Tickets.com, an MLB company, delivers innovative, cutting-edge
technologies to enable frictionless and unforgettable fan
experiences in venues across the globe. Together with MLB,
Tickets.com is changing the landscape of the live sports and
entertainment industry, delivering new digital venue and ticketing
experiences to millions of fans. Our Technology team builds
platforms and products that provide a new smart ticketing solution
and venue experience. Using cutting-edge technology, our platform
and applications are consumed by fans, stadiums, and MLB teams.We
are assembling a world-class team to build on these experiences, to
scale platforms and products that anticipate emerging
opportunities, including dynamic pricing and offers and digital,
contactless ticketing. Our mission is to provide premium,
innovative live experiences for our clients and their
patrons.Tickets.com is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Ticket
Distribution who is passionate about building engaging products for
our fans. The Opportunity: In this role, the Senior Product Manager
will be responsible for executing the MLB Ticket Distribution
roadmap, which has a mission to facilitate the secure, trackable,
and flexible distribution of tickets at scale. This role will
address the challenges and gaps in the ticketing ecosystem to
enable MLB with the products and tools necessary to create a
seamless fan journey from ticket purchase to the gate entrance.
Additionally, the Senior Product Manager will be responsible for
the delivery of key milestones and related stakeholder
communication, working directly with various departments across the
league office, Clubs, and applicable third-party vendors. These
responsibilities include the ongoing maintenance, continuous
measurement, and planning improvements to ensure solutions continue
to deliver value to baseball fans. Essential Job Functions: As a
Senior Product Manager for Ticket Distribution, you will be
creating clear, concise product documentation (i.e., user stories,
job stories), guiding the development team in the successful
delivery of features, and aligning outcomes to key performance
metrics (e.g., conversion rates, adoption). You will engage in
discovery efforts to articulate the vision to full-stack teams of
design, development, and test resources, as well as provide
direction for delivery (e.g., priority, scope, trade-offs). This
role will collaborate and build cross-functional relationships,
shape the product evolution, and drive consensus among stakeholders
to plan and deliver releases across various ticketing marketplace
partners and platforms.The ideal Senior Product Manager has
delivered value-driving feature sets and products and is obsessed
with delighting fans. The ideal candidate is creative, pragmatic,
and able to corral many different requirements to craft an
inspiring yet feasible product plan. The successful candidate will
operate effectively in a cross-functional partnership with the MLB
and Tickets.com User Experience Design and Software Engineering
teams to blend viability with desirability and feasibility.
- Align product features and requirements to maintain a resilient
roadmap and release plan.
- Actively lead a "delivery" (scrum / agile) team - fostering a
culture of transparency, trust, and accountability.
- Provide guidance and direction to cross-functional team members
regarding process and execution.
- Partner with Engineering and Design to craft solutions that
address the problems of the user and accurately scope
- Effectively work with the team and stakeholders to consider
trade-offs and refine scope.
- Create actionable user stories and acceptance criteria for the
- Groom and prioritize the product backlog, considering the
timeline, design, business value, tech debt, and defects/bugs.
- Accept completed development feature stories to validate
criteria and business value.
- Communicate releases and updates to internal/external
stakeholders, developing user guides and leading demos, as
- Develop relationships with other teams and functions to ensure
cross-functional alignment on features. Includes tech partners
(e.g., Software Engineering, UX, Customer Support, Marketing, etc.)
and business stakeholders (e.g., Clubs, vendors) on feature scope,
delivery, and execution. You May Be a Good Fit If You:
- Are fan-obsessed. Your approach to product management is
motivated by chance to improve the fan experience for all.
- Have an outcome-focused approach that ensures that your product
and team are focused on impacting the fan experience.
- Possess a knack for taking complex concepts and building
simplified cross-functional alignment and understanding.
- Have experience with API integrations with third parties.
- Have worked closely with marketing, design, and data science
teams to ensure a coherent and inspiring go-to-market plan that
fans will understand and value.
- Have demonstrated experience working with insights derived from
quantitative and qualitative research to iteratively improve
- Have the ability to dive deep into the details and keep the
holistic fan experience as the guiding light.
- Have the ability to execute with purpose. You bring clarity and
decisiveness in the face of a wide variety of inputs (e.g., data,
strategies, opinions, insights, competing agendas).
- Have built features by collaborating across engineering,
analytics, marketing, and design.
- Have shaped the product direction and driven consensus among
- Have an iterative mindset and are obsessed with continuous
product improvement based on fan feedback. Qualifications
- 5+ years in product management and development.
- 3+ years experience in building mobile and website apps, with a
strong portfolio of shipped products of high quality and with
measurable impact to end users and the business.
- Compelling communicator and storyteller.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal, and presentation
skills. We offer an Outstanding Benefits Package that includes:
- STD & LTD
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & AD&D
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO, STO, Holidays including Year-End Holiday
- HSA & FSA
- Legal Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- MLB Tickets Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Tickets.com, Costa Mesa , Senior Product Manager, Ticket Distribution, Executive , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!