Staff RN ICU South Bay - available positions, shifts, and schedules vary
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Applying to this position is the first step to obtaining an
acute care (inpatient) nursing position at one of Kaiser
Permanente's 21 hospitals in Northern California.Applying to this
position begins an external hiring process that streamlines and
expedites hiring for nurses who do not already work at Kaiser
Permanente.This is only for benefitted part-time and full-time
positions (20+ hours per week); for positions less than 20 hour a
week please search for open opportunities on our career website.
--Next Steps to Bring Your Nursing Practice to Kaiser
- Apply to this position to express interest in a career at the
medical center listed in the title of this job
- After you apply, Talent Acquisition will reach out and provide
you with a link to complete short questionnaire and a required
virtual on-demand interview that will replace the traditional
- The hiring manager will review information you provide on the
questionnaire, as well as virtual interview, and will contact
- If selected, you will be contacted by Talent Acquisition with
an overview of the final steps in the hiring process and shortly
after you will receive an electronic offer letterKaiser Permanente
RNs: This position only supports hiring for external candidates who
do not already work as a Registered Nurse at Kaiser Permanente. If
you are a current employee, please visit the employees' careers
website at employees.kaiserpermanetejobs.org for a complete listing
of available positions and to submit interest.Sign On Bonus
eligible!Full-Time $6,000 and Part-Time $3,000 (OR, PACU, DOU, ICU,
L&D, NICU, PICU) and Full-Time $4,000 and Part-Time $2,000
(Med/Surg, Med/Tele, Peds, FCC/Mom Baby)Employee Referral eligible
Full-Time $4,000 and Part-Time $2,000Job Summary:As the leader of
the health care team, provides professional nursing care, utilizing
the nursing process in accordance with established standards of
care, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent
with the Medical Center Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the
organization. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to
demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical
practice; and treats co-workers, patients, families, and all
members of the health care team with dignity and--respect.Essential
Responsibilities:The Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by
exhibiting the following skills, competencies, and
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks
appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability.
- Understands own and team members scope of practice and
escalates issues as appropriate.
- Demonstrates professional, supportive behavior.
- Champions new ideas.
- Leads and directs others through the change process.
- Utilizes communication strategies including chain of command
and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific
operations and patient care activities
- Shares responsibility and authority with subordinates and holds
him/her accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in
order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments
appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures,
and standards of practice.Nursing Process:
- Develops and/or contributes to the individualized plan of care
that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating
the outcomes of that plan.
- Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation,
- Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database,
on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs,
and appropriate acuity.
- Ensures plan is discussed with patient, family/significant
others, and completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors the patients progress based on the plan.
- Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition and
evaluation of progress.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice.
- Ensures effective development and completion of discharge plan
including discharge barriers and patient/family education.
--Ensures that patient clearly understands discharge instructions.
In outpatient, identify barriers and needs for patient/family
education that will facilitate the outpatient medical management
- Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications
and procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus
prevention and prevention of nosocomial infections.
- Ensures optimal pain control and patient comfort; identifies
and discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding
patient condition, treatment or discharge.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side
effects, and administration instructions in the hospital as well as
at the time of discharge.Documentation:
- Charting is accurate, legible, dated, and timed.
- Documentation reflects nursing process and interventions and
evaluations taken. --
- Utilizes computer systems effectively and efficiently for
optimal patient care.Clinical Outcomes:
- Discusses patient findings and progress toward outcomes with
physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period and
ongoing completion by departmental competency validation.
- Make comprehensive nursing decisions based on interpretation of
data, assessments, and evaluations of patient outcomes.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement
activities, i.e., planning, measuring/monitoring, assessing, and
- Adherence to LMP Workplace Safety principles and
- Applies standard precautions; maintains a safe environment for
self and othersPatient Care Experience:
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service
Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
- Promptly answers call lights, alarms, and patient
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customers
ability to utilize resources.
- Maintains and protects patient confidentiality
- Ensures clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- Treats all families of patients with courtesy, respect,
kindness and compassion.
- Provides an optimal patient care experience by actively
listening to the needs of patients and family members and taking
responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
- Gives patients information in a way they can understand and
- Provides a patient care experience that exceeds members
- Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is
flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively and
seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions and accepts constructive
- Acts as a resource, preceptor, and mentor to new employees,
registry, students, and other team members.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services and staff meetings
as required, actively participates in other departmental
professional development. (Requirement may vary for per diem
- Participates with the assessment of current and future unit
learning needs and development of an annual education plan.
- Keeps self informed of activities on the unit and makes
recommendations for change.
- Adheres to Attendance Program. --Reports to assigned area
promptly, being present and available for report at beginning of
- Supports a collaborative Labor-Management Partnership
environment through unit based teams.Fiscal Responsibility
- Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
- Identifies and assists in systems improvement that needs
simplification or correction.
- Utilizes payroll and non-payroll resources to their maximum
- 1-year recent (within the last 3 years) full-time equivalent
experience in Critical Care, or successful completion of a KP
Critical Care course or approved equivalent within prior 12
- N/ALicense, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life SupportAdditional Requirements:
- N/APreferred Qualifications:
- N/A#SCALRNJob Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Costa Mesa , Staff RN ICU South Bay - available positions, shifts, and schedules vary, Healthcare , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...