Head Pastry Baker
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionAt SusieCakes, we make old-fashioned, sentimental
dessert favorites – just like you may remember from your childhood!
Our bakeries are filled with the delicious tastes and sweet smells
of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, pies, and bars- all baked from
scratch, on-site daily, using the freshest and finest ingredients.
Our signature Celebration Cake is a birthday staple on tens of
thousands of tables. Our bakeries mix the nostalgia of the past
with the warmth and feel of a modern, neighborhood bakery.
"Connecting through Celebration" is our purpose and what we strive
for every day with our team members, our guests and our
community.Our bakeries are lively and bustling with genuinely
friendly people who have the "hospitality gene." They understand
the importance of what they do every day and are empowered to make
days better. Their connections to our guests and to each other are
what separates SusieCakes from other bakeries.The Head Baker leads
the culinary operation and is in charged with running an efficient
kitchen to ensure the highest quality baked goods are produced.
They will be responsible for the overall safety, training and
development of their culinary team and leading in a positive and
inspiring manner.LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES
- Creates a fun, lively and celebratory environment
- Possesses and demonstrates a "One team, One goal"
- Works in an organized, deliberate and fast-paced manner
- Possesses a small business owner mentality and thrives in an
- Remains calm and objective and presents fact-based case during
- Sets specific, challenging, and achievable objectives and
action plans based on thorough analysis and views them as
commitments to be achievedQUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Culinary, Baking or Pastry Arts
- Two years of previous managerial or supervisory experience
within the SusieCakes' organization
- Exposure to financial controls and accountabilities
- Ability to work in multiple regional locations
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule according to business
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver's
- Frequent walking, kneeling, bending and reaching overhead
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 75
- ServSafe Manager Food Handler CertificationBENEFITS & PERKS·
Flexible work schedule- Day shifts!· Free non-slip shoes
(annually!)· Birthday month PTO with complimentary cake· Company
holidays off (Thanksgiving, December 25th-27th, and New Year's
Day)· Medical, dental, vision insurance· Vacation, 401k, FSA· Paid
Sick Time· Referral Program· Pet rescue reimbursement and pet
insurance· Flexible return to work schedule for maternity leave·
Generous 50% discount to all our delicious desserts!
Keywords: SusieCakes, Costa Mesa , Head Pastry Baker, Hospitality & Tourism , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!