Event Sous Chef, Patina Catering
Company: Delaware North
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 19, 2022
The Opportunity - Delaware North's Patina Restaurant Group is
hiring for a Cook III to join our team at Patina Catering in Costa
Mesa, California. As a Cook III, you will be a visible leader in
the kitchen, partnering with the management team to deliver food to
quality standards, train kitchen team members, and monitor the
quantities, labor, and overhead costs. -
$200 Referral bonus for all current associates. Refer someone who
is successfully hired into this role for 15 hours worked and
receive a $200 referral bonus.
* Assist in training and coaching of other team members.
* Review menus and customer orders to determine type and quantities
of food to be prepared, properly measures and portions all food
* Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies and procedures.
* May plan menus and estimate required food quantities, labor, and
overhead costs. May lead the work of kitchen assistants in
preparing, cooking, and storing food, as well as in maintaining
kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition. -
* Utilize kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives,
slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens,
* Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored
* Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all
products to proper specifications. - - - - - - - - -
* Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and
according proper guidelines.
* Keep workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
* Follow and upholds all health codes and sanitation
* Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
* Complete end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in
accordance with company checklists and procedures.
* Perform other duties assigned.
* At least -2 years previous experience in back-of-the-house
foodservice position required.
* Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
* Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
* Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.
Physical Requirements -
* Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids. -
* Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
* Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
* Frequently required to reach up to 6 to 7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
* Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
* Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
* Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
Who We Are - Patina Restaurant Group is a leader in the premium
segment of the restaurant and catering industry, operating
restaurants and managing catering and food service operations at
high-profile venues including, Lincoln Center, Walt Disney World -,
Disneyland -, the Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, and
The Metropolitan Opera.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with,
and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Costa Mesa , Event Sous Chef, Patina Catering, Hospitality & Tourism , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!