Company: Water Grill-South Coast Plaza
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionFor over 25 years, the Water Grill has sated the
palates of seafood lovers in Southern California. Hailed as "the
best seafood in Southern California" by the internationally
recognized Zagat Guide, Water Grill consistently offers dazzling
fish preparations of superior quality and freshness. Here's What
We'll Bring To The Table:
- Competitive Salary + Realized Bonus paid out by period
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Pet Healthcare Savings
- 401k Match
- Education Reimbursement
- PTO (Vacation and Sick Days)
- Dining Discount for you and up to 5 guestsOur Chefs are held at
a high standard with clear expectations to be the leader of the
restaurant, the ambassadors of our product and the executor of our
hospitality. As the Executive Chef, you will be partnered with the
General Manager and serve as an integral member of our leadership
team. You will be the expert on kitchen operations from ordering,
to troubleshooting variances, to developing the line cooks, prep
cooks, and dishwashers. You will be responsible for maintaining our
high quality product, the integrity of our kitchen systems, and the
financial well-being of the back of the house.Once hired, you will
be joining a stable company that has a proven track record of
developing successful operators over the past 30 plus years. You
will be fully trained in financial acumen, quality assurance, daily
operations, and leadership. You will have the opportunity to learn
all aspects of operations from sophisticated operating systems to
managing a product centric menu, to the behind-the-scene process of
creating cutting edge restaurant designs and concepts.Your career
path is driven by your own goals and we are prepared to give you
all the tools needed to take you to any level of leadership you
desire. A successful Chef with us is "standards-driven" and
vigilant, showing a high-level of integrity in their work. They
always interact with crewmembers and Guests in a professional
manner and take a positive approach to resolving issues.
- Complete opening and closing duties as assigned to set up the
day for success.
- Creating prep lists for all kitchen crew.
- Support the preparation of all food items for meal period and
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization
of assigned station and service areas.
- Trouble shoot any deficiencies of food items and/or any
maintenance needs or safety hazards.
- Develop all kitchen crew for cross training and promotion.
- Lead all roll out programs to the menu, seasonal items, and
- Write/Approve the schedule for Kitchen crew by forecasting
business trends, outside elements, performance measures
- Monthly End of Period inventory (all kitchen)
- Interface and communicate with RCP/GM on financial
responsibilities and results
- Ensures that all food products meet company recipe
specifications for preparation and quality.
- Inspects and approve dishes before they go to guest tables.
Examine and assess the quality of ingredients and
- Interface and communicate with RCP/GM on recipe adherence
- Creates and is responsible for execution of corrective action
plans for kitchen.
- Interviews and selects new kitchen crew
- Conducts annual performance reviews on kitchen crew and Sous
- Interacts with Guests - table visits, complaints, special
- Leads and is responsible for MIT training (classroom)
- Leads all kitchen crew meetingEssential Skills/Experience:
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- 4 years kitchen management experience in a high-volume, full
service, restaurant (annual sales over $8M)
- High school graduate.
- Culinary training.
- Ability to analyze financial reports.
- Ability to communicate verbal and written English with Guests,
management and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of all cooking
techniques, which are required to prepare restaurant menu
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of all menu and special
items, their preparation method/time, all ingredients and quality
standards, taste, appearance, texture, temperature, garnish and
method of presentation.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., 10-20 is typical
- Ability to carry up to 120 feet
- Ability to reach up to 6 feet, 4 is typical
- Ability to work off counter heights of 36 - 42 inches
- Ability to move through 24 inch aisles and spaces as small as
Keywords: Water Grill-South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa , Executive Chef/Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!