DB2/zOS Database Administrator
Company: Mantek Solutions, Inc.
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: January 15, 2022
#6559 Seeking a DB2/zOS Database Administrator in CA, TX or MO
areas for a full time position. DBA has experiences with DB2/zOS
Database Administration. The DBA needs to collaborate with the
architecture and application teams to set the DevOps technical
vision, target architecture, tools and processes across
heterogeneous integrated COBOL, Java and .Net application
- Contribute to and influence the architecture to ensure the
database design and application architecture are aligned to and
support the business needs.
- Offer thorough and practical solutions to ensure that the
database system is functional, performing and scalable to meet
- Provide technical analysis and resolutions to difficult DB2/zOS
- Ensure high availability, backup and recovery of production
databases using DB2 related database technology.
- Propose and implement database and/or SQL performance tuning,
planning, configuration, scaling, and capacity management.
- Rapidly prototype new ideas and concepts.
- Engineer automated processes to minimize repeated and/or manual
activities to improve efficiency.
- Monitor a database system's performance to determine when
action is needed
- Responsible for database maintenance for multiple DB2
- Database set up for new environments
- Provide support to application programmers when writing SQL
code, and batch SPUFI processing
- Participate in DR exercises Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience;
Technologist certification a plus.
- 2+ years of IT experiences & DBA working experience with
- Working knowledge of underlying operation system z/OS.
- Track record in SQL optimization and database high availability
& disaster recovery configurations.
- Self-motivated learner to dig into business processes.
- Good People skills and high level of attention to details.
- Ability to discuss database and data management techniques and
capabilities with both technical and business audiences.
- Programming experiences such as REXX, COBOL, CICS are
- Additional database experience in other platforms a plus.
- Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
- 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
- Tuition assistance
- PTO for community volunteer programs
- Wellness program
- Employee discounts No Corp to Corp No Sponsorship No third
party candidates considered for this position If qualified and
interested in this opportunity, please reply to JO#6559 along with
a copy of your updated resume. #MantekPriority -
Keywords: Mantek Solutions, Inc., Costa Mesa , DB2/zOS Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!