Software Licensing Specialist
Company: SmartSource Technical Solutions
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: August 2, 2022
SmartSource has a customer seeking a Software Licensing
Specialist for a Direct Placement opportunity 100% onsite located
in Costa Mesa CA.
This is an 8AM-5PM Monday-Friday opportunity.
We're seeking an experienced IT Asset Management Specialist
candidate to join our team. The ideal candidate takes part in
various projects, providing support to VPs of information systems.
Ensures compliance with vendor contracts by carrying out effective
planning and monitoring and working with hardware assets and
software license. Performs daily and long-term operational and
strategic management of hardware and software. Software licensing
experience in Microsoft, IBM, or Oracle a plus!
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Develop and maintain processes,
policies, standards, systems and measurements that help the
organization to effectively manage both on a daily basis and
long-term its IT asset portfolio (software and technology-related
hardware) with regards to cost, control, risk, compliance, business
performance objectives, and IT Governance as established by the
- Responsible for the governance concerning the ITAM tools
applied in managing, monitoring, and reporting on IT assets and
- Provide KPI/Metric information and standardized reporting on a
scheduled basis together with unscheduled reporting demanded by
- Generate and distribute various reports, including compliance
reports on current assets and CIs and their status; also perform
- Manage activities concerning license compliance audits to be
able to answer to requests from software editors effectively.
- Ensure process efficiency by implementing the key performance
indicators; suggest improvements to the process continuously.
- Design processes relating to software and hardware asset
management, execute and enhance them.
- Establish and maintain documentation of procedures, processes,
and reports concerning asset and configuration management.
- Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in information technology,
computer science, or business administration, or in another related
- Possess IAITAM Certification, such as CHAMP, CSAM, and CITAM a
- Previous experience with Flexera a plus.
- 5 + years of IT software and hardware management.
- 5+ years of IT software license analyst.
- 3-5 years of ITSM tool, BMC Helix experience a preferred.
- Proven ability and experience in executing strategic asset
management processes successfully.
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes, as well as
experience with Discovery tool.
- Strong ability to carry out assigned tasks independently with
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze data and present data in a meaningful
Keywords: SmartSource Technical Solutions, Costa Mesa , Software Licensing Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!