Director of Technology
Company: Sanmina Corporation
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: September 21, 2023
This details all the information about the job posting. Share
this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn. Category (For
Job Seekers) Manufacturing/Operations Location Job Description
Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated
manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing
segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS)
market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation
provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior
quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace,
industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia,
computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors.
Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key
regions throughout the world. Job Purpose Sanmina is seeking a
-Director of Technology -to lead cross-functional engineering
disciplines (chemical, mechanical, materials, and equipment) to
develop and evolve breakthrough PCB solutions for the most
demanding applications on the planet. In this role, you will
facilitate core technology development leading to the creation of
world-class performance, set engineering direction and create a
disciplined approach for the development of new products and
improvements and/or maintenance of existing products. The candidate
-will report to the General Manager, while selecting and executing
a set of cutting-edge PCB development programs that solve the
current and future problems of some of the greatest technology
companies. You'll help lead teams and establish a vision, taking
PCB's to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a passion
for PCB's, will thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, be
self-motivated and have an interest in disruptive, cutting-edge
technology. This position involves close interaction with numerous
product engineering and operations disciplines. Applicant must be
comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and
dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement
is required. Nature of Duties/Responsibilities
- Lead the R & D engineering team and front end engineering group
to develop PCB solutions that meet and exceed market requirements
for performance, quality, cost, and manufacturability.
- Recruit, retain, mentor, and develop a talented,
high-performance technical development organization with design
- Responsible for leading the development of a long-term
technical roadmap that pushes the limits of performance and
commercial viability, including a disciplined stage-gate approach
to ensure maximum return on investment for the organization.
- Support product engineering and operations functions in
addressing product challenges, including testing, and qualifying
new materials, processes, techniques, and designs to ensure the
company's continued market leadership.
- Partner with the sales and customer teams to ensure alignment
with emerging market requirements and competitive risks.
- Ensure technology roadmap is clearly defined, tracked, and
- Work with GM to develop and manage the R&D budget,
including hiring, operating expenses, and capital outlays in
support of research and development projects.
- Provide technical analysis and recommendations to executive
leadership. Education and Experience
- 7-10 years of experience in research, development, or product
development, including at least 5 years in a management role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles and
experienced in technical analysis, technical writing, and complex
- Hands on experience with PCB manufacturing, materials and
equipment including expertise in front end engineering among
- Demonstrated experience in leading a complex and
multidisciplinary technical development organization.
- Demonstrated experience in engineering process and
- Demonstrated experience in interfacing with Operations and
Manufacturing during new-product technologies introduction and
scale to manufacturing process.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative work
- Strong communication and presentation skills, affable, with
demonstrated maturity and professionalism.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, manage the vision, think
strategically, plan, organize, innovate, and analyze complex data
- Must be highly skilled leading teams while able to clearly
convey the vision, motivate employees, create effective teams, and
build peer relationships.
- Ability to clearly assess, articulate, and manage risk with a
sense of urgency to meet product requirements on schedule and on
- Must have the ability to see the big picture, prepare
contingency plans, and ensure execution of plans through effective
organizational awareness and communication. Salary Range(annual):
$130,000.00-$160,000.00 In addition, Sanmina Provides -a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Sanmina is an Equal
Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity This is an ITAR facility and applicant
must be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident
Keywords: Sanmina Corporation, Costa Mesa , Director of Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!