Cosmetics Operating Assistant, South Coast Plaza - Full Time
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet
approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to
make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will
always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the
world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life.
Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and
access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our
colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and
collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background,
thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
If you want to build meaningful relationships and make fashion
personal, fun and aspirational, why not put that creative energy to
work and join our team of approachable customer oriented, style
conscious professionals. Work in a collaborative environment of
problem solvers and flawless executers that drive the business
forward through energy, effort and good humor. The Cosmetics
Operating Assistant (COA) partners with their Department Manager in
all aspects that support the growth of top line sales and deliver a
superior customer experience. The COA achieves a clean, neat, and
easy to shop environment through best practices, partnership with
the entire cosmetics team, in store support resources and
central/vendor contacts. Merchandise must be processed, presented,
and maintained to the Bloomingdale's standard. The COA drives
superb execution of administrative functions and merchandise
processing in his/her area as well as daily interaction with
cosmetics team on selling initiatives and event execution. The COA
delivers sales through supporting corporate, regional, and store
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority and role model customer centric
- Demonstrating exceptional selling skills and attention to
operational best practices.
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner upon
their entry into the area.
- Assist Beauty Advisors in conversion sales through
- Partner with Sales Staff to complete sales and add on items to
- Assist in the coordination of operational tasks as required
such as, putting out new merchandise, sales & event set-up &
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and
return to vendors through delegation to self and staff.
- Support business driving events to achieve department
- Supervise proper presentation, organization, storing, and
replenishment of stock.
- Coach selling of merchandise through effective customer
- Communicate regularly with vendors, planners, distributors, and
buyers regarding stock needs, customer preferences, & special
events in partnership with DM.
- Ensure associates are developing a repeat-business customer
base to regularly communicate upcoming events, new merchandise
receipts and product replenishment to drive sales.
- Organize and execute physical inventory process in partnership
- Maintain high customer readiness standards, deliver a clean,
neat and easy-to-shop store.
- Adhere to AP/inventory control/compliance procedures to ensure
- Support the DM in driving Bloomingdale's Sales, Service and
- Monitor Selling Floor Standards of merchandising, event set up,
visual changes, and supplies.
- Demonstrate awareness of key sales drivers.
- Maintain stockroom standards and manage all inventory control
and AP standards.
- Participate in department meetings/conference calls/store
Driven by our Desire to Win
- Understand counter and department's business trend vs. Plan/ LY
by using Branch Department Class w/Gross Returns report and New
- Know what categories are selling vs. non-selling through on the
floor observation and ground intelligence from sales professionals
- Create and review business plans with Cosmetics Manager,
including eventing and stock management, to maximize opportunities
to achieve plan.
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous
- Assist DM with staffing of counters and TIA
- Assist DM with planning/coordinating Bloomingdale's and vendor
training for team members.
- Be proficient in all systems/ device usage to drive sales,
clientelling and operational tasks.
- Assist in training, coaching, motivating, and developing new
and incumbent associates on company policies and procedures,
product knowledge, and department productivity goals.
- Review/analyze business performance of daily, weekly, monthly,
seasonal, and annual sales.
- Review advertising calendar and ensure proper execution of
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation; communicate
advertising and events information to associates.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to easily engage in conversation.
- Social ease and quick response to customer needs and
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and
- Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning
- Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates
strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple
priorities and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
store/company needs which may include day, evening, weekends,
and/or holidays. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is
- Constant moving and standing.
- Able to lift 10 lbs.
- Able to reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc.
reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a
diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in
San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in
Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for
positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.
Keywords: Bloomingdales, Costa Mesa , Cosmetics Operating Assistant, South Coast Plaza - Full Time, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!