Cosmetics Counter Manager - Byredo, South Coast Plaza - Full Time
Company: Macy's, Inc.
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160
years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives.
Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an
exciting time to join Macy's, Inc. The face of retail is changing,
and change requires innovation.
Macy's Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to
all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers
in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy's Join our
team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in
retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply
chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the
mobile app - you'll have opportunities to grow your career while
finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
Lead, Software Engineering at Macy's Technology reports to the
Manager, Software Engineering, and plays a key role in leading the
software engineering technical direction and development of
enterprise solutions. As a lead engineer, you serve as the
technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product.
You create, own and are responsible for the application
architecture that best serves the product in its functional and
non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes
to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service
(or both). You have deep and broad engineering skills and are
capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own,
but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a "force
multiplier". Job duties may change at any time due to business
needs. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design and deliver robust, scalable, and secure distributed
- Create/review technical design documentation and Provide
leadership including constructive code reviews and design guidance
to team members.
- Work collaboratively in a group of passionate developers in a
high energy, fast paced and outcome-oriented environment.
- Lead a technical team by example and foster growth in junior
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencie
- MA/MS and BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or
related field strongly preferred.
- Overall 8+ years of experience in the software development and
high-volume enterprise systems.
- Must have Java in depth knowledge - as well as an ability in
mastering other tools of the trade, including a variety of modern
programming languages as well as experienced in open-source web and
data technologies (Spring Boot, NoSQL, Microservices, Cloud
services (Google preferred)).
- 3+ years of experience in Building cloud-native applications in
private & public cloud (GCP preferred).
- 4+ years of experience with open source technology technologies
in a high volume distributed environment.
- Experience working in a DevOps-oriented culture that
prioritizes continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience in multi-channel retail technologies preferred.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate
technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and
secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc.
reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a
diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in
San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in
Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for
positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.
Keywords: Macy's, Inc., Costa Mesa , Cosmetics Counter Manager - Byredo, South Coast Plaza - Full Time, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!