Company: Financial Partners Credit Union
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Financial Partners Credit Union is one of the nation's largest
credit unions with a reputation for being financially sound,
focused on our members and partners, and growth-oriented. At FPCU,
our partners work together in a fast paced, positive work
environment with a common vision of "Building Lifetime Financial
We are looking for a Bankruptcy Specialist with a proven track
record of success to join our collections team here at the
corporate office in Downey, As a Bankruptcy Specialist you will
ensure the credit union is meeting all compliance requirements
regarding bankruptcy while working with our members to help resolve
their accounts and provide opportunities for additional services.
Primary duties of this unique opportunity are as follows.
- Ensures the credit union is meeting any compliance requirements
regarding bankruptcy, repossession, credit reporting
and other legal status.
- Handles bankruptcy calls.
- Prepare, follow up and file reaffirmation agreements and proof
- Reviews and recommend accounts for nondischargeable complaints,
relief from stay, objection to the plan and objection to motion to
- Negotiate loan terms or vehicle value with Members or
- Prepare and assist in making voluntary repayment plans for
- Review trustee payments for accuracy.
- Maintains system and database tracking records to monitor
bankruptcy accounts including assigning for repossession.
- Make court appearances as needed.
- Support different business unit in regarding to bankruptcy
questions or issues.
- Respond to escalation requests within 24 hours of receipt
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum of three year collections, bankruptcy related
- At least five year of telephone customer contact
- High school diploma or GED, Bachelors preferred.
- Ability to work in a structured environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Familiarity MS Office products of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Protection Act required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment where
priorities change frequently to meet business needs.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and
focus on results; adaptable and flexible
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide attention to detail and concern
for accuracy and consistency in results
- Ability to learn rules, regulations, laws pertaining to
collections and bankruptcy
- Ability to structure a deal that serves the best interest of
the organization and member.
Keywords: Financial Partners Credit Union, Costa Mesa , Bankruptcy Specialist, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!