UX/UI Mobile App Designer
Company: Ultra Mobile
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 6, 2021
ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare
your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive,
celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we
are located right here in OC.
WE ARE ULTRA & MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what's most important in their lives:
Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California's
Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We
understand what matters to you most. You're an individual with
unique needs, and we're prepared to exceed any expectations you
have for an ideal employer.
We're smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red
tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone
has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects
that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To
start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits,
family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern
California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your
career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we've got a laundry list of perks you'll brag about
on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy
snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most
importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars,
including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo
Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the
co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team
you'll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid's next
birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening
here. Come check out how you can be part of Ultra & Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary UX/UI Mobile App
Designer to join our UX/UI Creative Team in Costa Mesa!
As our UX/UI Mobile App Designer, you are not afraid of a blank
whiteboard - in fact it excites you. You're confident and know
exactly what's needed to get a concept to the next great launch.
Whether you're pushing the pixels yourself, or working with a team,
your standards for delivering on business and marketing goals are
unwavering. You have a fiercely creative mind that knows when to
use restraint in the name of brand continuity, clear messaging, and
relevant imagery. You work as a team player and recognize the value
of differing perspectives - which allows you to approach problem
solving with an open mind. Your experience allows you to ask the
right questions and deliver on-point creative solutions.
This position is perfect for a skilled and experienced UX/UI
Designer. Your range of work experience includes: iOS and Android
native apps, web based responsive apps and web pages, and web based
account management portals/dashboards.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Delivering user flows, wireframes, design comps, interactive
hi-fi prototypes, and user interactions.
- Collaborating with Designers, Copywriters, Developers, Project
Managers, the UX/UI Design Director, and Creative Director to
ensure adherence to business requirements and UI/UX design
- Embracing an iterative approach to projects and working in an
agile scrum team.
- Staying up-to-date with industry developments and tools,
competitive and complementary products, and experiences.
- Working within a Design System Manager (DSM).
- Presenting your work and ideas to the team and key
- Making sure all interactions are intuitive and easy for
- Creating rough sketches/drawings and mockups that visualize
concepts and provide an accurate, graphical user interface
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's or Higher Degree in Human-Computer Interaction,
Interaction Design, User Experience Design, or Graphic/Web
- 4+ years of UX/UI design experience for touch-based mobile
interfaces and responsive web portal design.
- Ability to empathize with a user's needs and/or pain-points and
provide a solution to make their experience perfect.
- Expert knowledge of visual and user-centered design principles
along with iconography skills, typography, color theory, and
digital image preparation.
- Experience in designing iOS and Android app experiences from
start to finish with familiarity of various device sizes, Apple's
Human Interface Guidelines, and Google's Material Design.
- Ability to negotiate and articulate the "why" of design
decisions. You'll need to convince, to disagree confidently, and
take and give straightforward feedback.
- Experience with the concepting, designing, and implementing
final artwork into a visual product.
- Highly proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch,
InVision. After Effects, ProtoPie, Framer or Anima is a plus.
- Ability to create site maps and map out user journeys.
- Familiarity with modern UI patterns, micro-interactions, and
responsive web design.
- Strong portfolio with examples of functional designs across web
and mobile platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic familiarity with Web standards - HTML, CSS,
- Basic familiarity with XCode, Swift, and
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to interact
effectively with a variety of team members.
- Strong time/project management skills for working in and
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to handle multiple small to large projects
simultaneously without sacrificing quality.
OUR VALUES - LET'S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right
person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit
for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us
an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their
resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they
stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions
and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Ultra Mobile, Costa Mesa , UX/UI Mobile App Designer, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!