Technical Product Manager
Company: Ultra Mobile
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 7, 2021
ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare
your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive,
celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we
are located right here in OC.
WE ARE ULTRA & MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what's most important in their lives:
Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California's
Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We
understand what matters to you most. You're an individual with
unique needs, and we're prepared to exceed any expectations you
have for an ideal employer.
We're smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red
tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone
has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects
that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To
start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits,
family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern
California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your
career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we've got a laundry list of perks you'll brag about
on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy
snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most
importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars,
including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo
Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the
co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team
you'll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid's next
birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening
here. Come check out how you can be part of Ultra & Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Technical Product
Manager to level up our Engineering Team in Costa Mesa!
As Technical Product Manager, your primary responsibility will
be to take detailed product requirements which can include new
customer-facing features, enhancements to existing product lines,
operational improvements, or fixes for production bugs and
translate them into workable tickets for our developers. You will
work collaboratively with several cross-functional teams to ensure
that the needs of all stakeholders are met. The ideal candidate is
a systems-oriented thinker that knows how to distill complex
functional needs into concise, written requirements that can be
easily consumed by developers.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Facilitates between the Product and Engineering teams to take
requirements and break them into workable tickets for
- Coordinate with Product Managers and Developers to make sure
requirements accurately reflect our system architecture and
- Take part in recurring Agile ceremonies, including daily
stand-ups, story grooming, and sprint retrospectives.
- Work side-by-side with scrum masters who will drive the team's
Agile workflow, and program managers who help organize projects and
provide transparency throughout the organization.
- Connect with operational teams, including Customer Care, Sale
Operations, Revenue Assurance, and Technical Operations, to clarify
items that were submitted into the product backlog so they can be
better documented and prioritized.
- Do whatever it takes to ensure that our developers have
actionable requirements available on time so that our 2-week sprint
schedule can run as smoothly as possible.
- Become a subject matter expert on a wide range of areas,
including customer activations, renewals, payments, network
features, devices, retailer integrations, promos, referral
programs, and account notifications.
- Communicate insights and plans to cross-functional teams.
- Review and evaluate business processes, anticipating
requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and
WHAT YOU BRING
- At least 5 years of experience as a Product Manager, Technical
Product Manager, Technical Project Manager or related role.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, or related field/experience is
- Experience in the telecommunications industry, especially
prepaid, is also a plus.
- Ability to understand complex product, service, and operational
behaviors from both a business and technical aspect.
- Ability to synthesize business, technical, and functional needs
from multiple parties, and convert into robust, well-organized, and
concise written requirements.
- Experience with REST and SOAP services.
- Experience with various forms of requirements documentation,
ranging from FRDs (functional requirements documents) to user
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Experience using Postman and/or SoapUI.
- Ability to communicate with developers and understand
- Ability to address User Experience Design requirements and
ensure that they can be integrated as a part of the functional
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC for large and complex
- Experience with both Agile, Waterfall, and hybrid product
- Ability to manage and prioritize efforts and manage personal
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with
fixed due dates.
- Strong communication, written, and organizational skills, which
are needed to facilitate requirements from Ultra's cross-functional
- Ability to manage requirements, tasks, and documents related to
multiple independent or dependent projects/programs.
OUR VALUES - LET'S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right
person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit
for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us
an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their
resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they
stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions
and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Ultra Mobile, Costa Mesa , Technical Product Manager, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!