Sr. DevOps Engineer
Company: Insight Investments LLC
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Sr. DevOps Engineer is responsible for a heterogenous
environment of cloud and on-prem infrastructure, Windows and Linux
servers and building a Kubernetes-based infrastructure. DevOps
engineers must possess an "automation first" mindset, with a
relentless focus on quality, monitoring and reliability using
Infrastructure as Code tools. Creating clear documentation,
constantly keeping our organization as technology leaders and
championing modern best practices are core functions of this
- Collaborate across enterprise to define, prioritize, and ensure
the reliability, availability, and performance of our
- Define and lead service capacity planning and demand
forecasting meetings, with a focus on software performance analysis
and system tuning.
- Identify underlying root causes to help solve complex problems
relating to mission critical services and build automation to
prevent incident recurrence, with the goal of automating response
to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Provide primary support for environment related issues that
engage multiple engineering teams. Be an active contributor in
retrospective meetings with Sr. leadership about technical RCA's
and mitigation strategies.
- Responsible for monitoring the health of our environment and
maintaining comprehensive documentation of our infrastructure and
Qualifications / Education
- Experience in scripting languages such as Powershell, Python,
and bash. Knowledge of C#, .NET a plus.
- Experience with IaC/CM tools (Terraform, Ansible, Cloud
- Comfortable with one or more cloud service provider offerings
- Experience operating Kubernetes, Docker, or related
technologies in production.
- Experience with the whole continuous integration / continuous
deployment process (including tools such as Azure DevOps or
Jenkins); and the software development process in general.
- Experience digging through logs, etc. to triage and fix
- Experience working with Jira.
- Comfortable with relational databases.
- Enjoys being on the bleeding edge of technology and staying
educated on the latest best practices and trends by proactively
self-educating as well as training and mentoring others.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field or
equivalent experience and training
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008-2019, *nix
- Configuration management/automation: Terraform, Ansible
- Virtualization: vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM
- Cloud platforms: Azure; AWS, GCP a plus
- Programming/scripting languages: Powershell, Python, C#
- Version control: git, SVN, bitbucket
Insight Investments, LLC is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a Veteran or
other protected classification.
Keywords: Insight Investments LLC, Costa Mesa , Sr. DevOps Engineer, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!