Creative Director - Social/Digital
Company: Garage Team Mazda
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 8, 2021
JOB TITLE: Social/Digital Creative Director
REPORTS TO: Chief Creative Officer
At Garage Team Mazda, we believe in creating ideas that can live
anywhere. We believe that everyone's journey matters. And we
believe that when we embody the "Team" in our name-and work
together to achieve something greater-we are the birthplace of big
Therefore, we strive to bring out the best in each other, and in
ourselves. And we expect our leaders to understand the value of
close collaboration. We also believe that creating transformational
work requires passion, tenacity, curiosity, and a nurturing
mindset. But above all, it requires optimism.
That's where you come in. As our Social/Digital Creative
Director, you're a digital social+cultural anthropologist-someone
who speaks Twitter and Instagram fluently, and is fully immersed in
the worlds of culture, advertising and social media. Your energetic
and relentless drive constantly reinvents the ways we think about
and innovate in digital and social, and you take immense pride in
leading groundbreaking digital/social campaigns and
To be successful in this role, you will have previously driven
the digital/social vision for projects at a digital or integrated
agency, and on behalf of their most senior clients. You're also an
exceptional leader, with a sincere passion for helping clients and
mentoring junior creatives. Experience on global brands is
- You have a strong desire to create award-winning work on behalf
of a global client who expects you to be "creatively
- You are a master collaborator and inspirer who, by daily
example, achieves the impossible by breathing new energy into
digital and social initiatives.
- You have a natural curiosity for the cutting-edge of all things
digital, which guides your intuition in generating breakthrough
creative ideas optimized for the full range of social
- You stay on top of emerging technologies and trends, and
intrinsically understand how social media is used to create
innovative work that resonates with connected audiences.
- You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills, and a
positive and innovative thinker.
- You are a compelling speaker and presenter, able to impress
existing clients and drive new business with your command of the
room and knowledge of the digital/social space.
- You are a natural mentor to the next generation of creative
talent, and a magnet for the best-and-brightest in the
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and diving into the work,
leading by doing-and by example to your teams-as well as leading by
inspiring and directing.
- You engender trust, inspiring and developing integral
relationships with colleagues through your contagious passion for
great work that benefits our clients' business.
- You display a high degree of integrity and are respected by
clients, teams, executive management and peers.
- You are able to see beyond explicit individual assignments to
identify broader, longer-term opportunities.
- And, more than anything, you're that rare individual who
understands how social media can be used to reflect our culture and
- Constantly reinventing the ways we think about and innovate in
digital and social, from initial idea to final execution.
- Leading a team of creative professionals while coordinating the
work of art directors, copywriters and designers.
- Nurturing traditional creatives to become digital and social
- Motivating and inspiring your team, including championing the
best ideas up to the highest levels of the agency and client.
- Working closely with other disciplines, including senior
management, strategy development, account services and new
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, including setting
priorities, utilizing resources internally and worldwide,
identifying and addressing problems, meeting deadlines, and staying
- Leading teams in idea generation, storylines, and approaches to
- Reviewing & approving ideas, copy, art and other materials
before routing internally and with client.
- Reviewing client-facing presentations and coaching the
- Working collaboratively with the Resource Manager to determine
workload capacity of the creative team, forecasting time required
for assignments, and assigning the best people to the projects that
best match their strengths.
- Interfacing with intra-departmental leadership to ensure
projects are completed in a timely manner, and to a very high
- Providing creative backup to the team, when necessary.
- Elevating the team by thinking cross-functionally and in ways
that are bigger than the assignment at hand, creating connection to
other teams, and helping inspire the digital/social team to grow
beyond their daily roles.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 8-12 years of proven experience in the management of a
digital ecosystem which includes OLA, CRM, Email, Web, Social,
- A portfolio that demonstrates originality, innovation,
problem-solving, and personal expression.
- Sincere passion for all things digital/social, including
demonstrated experience in emerging social/digital platforms and
- An expert at digital/social storytelling, with a full
understanding of existing and emerging social trends.
- Ability to Interpret a brief from a technology perspective, but
understand that technology is always a tool in support of the
- Experienced in using established and emerging platforms to
concept and develop original content.
- Comfortable implementing, utilizing and managing Atomic Design
- OLA, Email, CRM
- Passionate and curious about the integration of analytics in
the digital space, managing emerging platform e. DCO, customer
journey customization, etc.
- Experience in a digital production environment
- Robust knowledge of design and advertising fundamentals, and is
a continual student of the space and an educator to clients and the
- Experience pushing digital boundaries in physical environments,
as well as an understanding of how digital/social integrates with
- Proficient in creating personalized experiences across channels
- Ability to manage, mentor and lead teams.
- Familiarity with managing offshore partners, network partners,
and other digital resources on an as needed basis.
- Agency background a plus with ability to integrate and partner
with agency brand strategy/non-digital creative leaders/existing
- Automotive experience is strongly preferred.
Keywords: Garage Team Mazda, Costa Mesa , Creative Director - Social/Digital, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!