Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 12, 2021
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging,
collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage
employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to
imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with
cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable
audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they
are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a
difference in the way people experience movies, meetings,
presentations, live performances, and much more.
The Senior Quality Engineer is a technical engineering position
focused on the successful implementation of projects and process
management of activities to define, design, develop and deliver new
processes, quality improvements, and change initiatives. The Senior
Quality Engineer works on a wide range of supplier quality issues
during development projects and monitors and addresses supplier
quality issues after the products are in volume production. The
Senior Quality Engineer has extensive practical application
experience in quality systems, product quality, and supplier
quality management that will result on high quality products and
great customer satisfaction.
- Execute tasks associated with assuring process readiness,
process capability, and process effectiveness at domestic and
- Typical tasks might include:
- Generate and execute Quality Plans to assure that product and
process requirements are met at each product lifecycle phase.
- Create and execute Part Qualification plans for new parts, new
tooling or new suppliers.
- Support the maintenance of quality system requirements,
including internal and supplier auditing, Corrective and Preventive
Action (CAPA), risk management, product and process issues.
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Identify technical risks and challenges and recommend
- Determine process readiness, measure and improve process
capability; and measure and improve process effectiveness.
- Develop and implement process performance criteria to evaluate
the readiness of new products to move from New Product Introduction
lifecycles to volume production.
- Analyze process performance indicators, such as
critical-to-quality variables, yield data, out-of-box audit data,
process capability reports, and defect trends, against predefined
targets and initiate remedial actions where necessary.
- Able to apply statistical techniques and other standard quality
problem solving tools where appropriate.
- Lead in-process and product audits.
- Resolve supplier issues; generate CARs, NCMRs, Stop Orders,
Rework Instructions, etc.
- Evaluate Supplier Performance via Quality Business Review
- Evaluate the efficiency of existing QA processes and recommend
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline (ME, EE, or Industrial
Engineering with a specialty in Quality, preferred)
- Subject matter expertise in the Body of Knowledge for ASQ CQE
(Certified Quality Engineer) is preferred. Certification as a CQE
is desired. See ASQ.com.
- Experience supporting an ISO9000-2015 Quality System highly
- Minimum 10-years' experience as a Quality Engineer in a medium
volume, a high-mix manufacturer of electronic or electromechanical
products is required.
- Minimum 5-years' experience managing supplier quality
performance at offshore contract manufacturers is desired.
(Contract manufacturers could include system assembly manufacturers
and/or design and build manufacturers.)
- Good knowledge of IPC-A-610 for acceptability of electronic
- Experience with process control practices in the following
types of operations is desired: PCBA assembly, plastic injection
molding, sheet metal fabrication, wood cabinet fabrication, system
assembly, and test.
- Professional audio industry experience is a plus.
- Perform tasks as assigned with minimum direction and oversight
from the Quality leadership team
- Previous experience in speaker, electronic or electromechanical
assembly experience is desirable.
- Proficiency in Office software for data collection, analysis,
and reporting is required
- Previous experience with enterprise management software tools
such as Oracle and PLM Agile is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Chinese) is
Keywords: QSC, Costa Mesa , Senior Quality Engineer, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!