Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About us, but we'll be brief
We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of
the 100 Best Companies to Work For. In addition, for the last five
years we've been name in the top 100 "World's Most Innovative
Companies" by Forbes Magazine.
Experian Consumer Services - Careers That Define "What's the
Next Big (Data) Thing" for Consumers?
What could be more exciting - personally and professionally -
than being part of a "disruptive" business? Consider taking your
career to the next level by joining the Leader that continues to
disrupt the competition. As the "disruptor" and market leader we
pride ourselves on building new markets, leading the pack through
continuous evolution and innovation. It's a position Experian
Consumer Services has enjoyed for more than a decade and we're
always looking for the talent that can help expand that lead.
These days, the "next big thing" is often "the next Big Data
thing." Experian Consumer Services offers an opportunity to lead
the charge in turning consumer data into something people use and
value every single day. We live in a world where information is a
means to improving lives and we challenge our team to do just that:
improve lives with our products.
It's a holistic, 360 approach that requires aggressive, fast,
scalable development that encompasses the cloud, mobile, security,
e-commerce, automation, and lots and lots of data. We operate in a
culture that focuses on the future, learns from the past and
collaborates to deliver high-value solutions that meet consumer
needs right now.
When you're the leader, it's always urgent, important and
market-changing. We think that defines the true "disruptive"
business. Join us and create some chaos for the competition.
What you'll be doing
The Senior Network Engineer will play a key role as part of our
Global Experian Consumer Services Network Engineering team. You
will support a diverse home-based work population in 4 countries
including the Experian Contact Center voice, back office agent, and
other supporting teams. You'll assist in managing premise based
MPLS, internet, premise and cloud-based connectivity solutions, as
well as office and data center connectivity. You will have a
collaborative role in developing the network budget and forecast,
and drive efficiency wherever possible. At Experian data security
is a key principle, and you will assure our networks remain secure
and have no exploitable vulnerabilities. The expectation is that
the candidate will be fully "hands-on" Engineering role, providing
new and innovative ways to solve complex business problems.
- Key Senior Engineering role as part of Global ECS Network
Engineering team, supporting employees in 4 countries
- Collaborate on strategy for the improving network topology,
connectivity, and equipment management
- Drive cost optimization with vendors and carriers
- Support work-from-home remote connectivity for approximately
- Optimize network traffic, QOS, and monitoring to improve user
- Designing, developing, building and testing network solutions
as part of a team, introducing new technologies and/or improves
existing technologies under general supervision
- Ensuring solutions are fully documented and in compliance with
applicable security requirements
- Leading and supporting projects, implementing changes and
helping maintain the operational aspects of our network
- Collaborating across teams and business units on the design,
delivery and support disciplines with key focus areas being,
project delivery and operational excellence as part of developing
the I.T. Network Infrastructure
- Supporting agile delivery teams in the delivery of all
requests, and representing network at ceremonies and project
meetings; supporting the removal of blockers and celebrating
- Assuring network environment remains secure, immediately
addressing and remediating any vulnerabilities.
What your background looks like
Education and Experience:
- 7 years of experience in an advanced Network Engineering
- Cisco CCNP required (CCIE preferred)
- Prefer history of working in an e-commerce and fast paced
- Prefer history in supporting contact center networking
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or related experience
- Strong technical background in complex networking
- Must have strong knowledge of Cisco and Palo Alto networking
technologies, with hands-on experience architecting and building
networks. Core knowledge of routers, switches, wireless, firewalls,
load balancing, IP, VPNs, WAN, LAN, and VoIP.
- Possess critical skills including strategic planning, systems
integration, creating and maintaining documentation, diagrams, and
configurations. Candidate must have strong customer service skills,
accompanied by excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly motivated and experienced within network incident
management, and is comfortable liaising with customers and senior
stakeholders with good reporting skills.
- Self-starter who can get projects off the ground quickly and
efficiently, facilitating getting the work done.
- Experience using Cisco routers and switches (ASR1K/ISR4K
series, Nexus 7K, 9K, 5K, 2K)
- Experience with Cisco Firewalls (ASA and Meraki)
- Understanding of cloud networking environment connectivity
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls and Global Protect
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies including routing protocols
(BGP, OSPF), VPN, FHRP, QOS, etc
- Understanding of F5 Load balancers
- Deep understanding of voice QOS tagging, specifically around
Voice and Video
- Experience using Packet Capture and Analysis tools (Netscout,
- Understanding of network automation is a plus
- Familiarity with cloud-based connectivity solutions such as
EOE including Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Experian, Costa Mesa , Sr. Network Engineer, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!