Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape
industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000
employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of
switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software
and services improve the way our customers manage and automate
their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On
everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtExntUe89c
The Project Engineer-Water Wastewater (PE-WWW) is responsible
for the identification, scope, and conceptual development of
improvements primarily in water/wastewater treatment facilities,
with significant knowledge of water and wastewater treatment
processes and methodology, including applicable codes and
The PE-WWW will ensure technical integrity of the project
including compliance with the project scope, project
specifications, accepted good engineering practices, SE and our
clients' work processes.
The PE-WWW is typically assigned the responsibility of multiple
small projects and performs the work under the direction of
Engineering Manager -WWW. It is primarily a technical position
requiring the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in
the coordination of the various aspects of a project operation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary
To perform this job successfully the candidate must have
significant concept to commissioning experience in project and
design engineering, in greenfield and brownfield (retrofit and
revamp) of Water & Wastewater Treatment Systems. (Equivalent
experience with large, complex packaged, modularized equipment can
be considered for exceptional candidates).
The ideal candidate is required to have multi-discipline
insight, with a clear understanding of interlinkage and
interdependence of systems, that includes:
- Specification and Scope writing skills.
- Procurement, Coordinating and Ensuring Contractual Compliance
of large engineered and packaged equipment.
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary engineering teams,
vendors, construction, and field personnel to complete projects on
time and schedule while ensuring quality.
- Collaborating with Primary project stakeholders, including
city, county, and state agencies.
- Developing Technical Contractual Scope of Work and
- Bid Evaluation, Conditioning and Award, with Knowledge of
proposals and bid processed
- Verification of Post Award Contract Compliance (Technical and
Scope), invoice evaluation, approval for payments Change
Management, RFI resolution, Scope Creep.
- Performing Post Construction job-walk, punch list
- P&ID, PFD, PATs, FATs, Constructability, Model and HAZOP
- Clear understanding of Front-End Engineering scoping and
project delivery requirements.
- Proven adaptability to requirements of diverse industries.
- Working knowledge of CADD, including 3D.
- Working knowledge of project control systems
- Working knowledge of the EPC business and TIC estimating
- Understands engineering estimate basis
- Understands contractual requirements for the project
- Perform site visits to water/wastewater treatment facilities to
determine and finalize project scope.
- Provide leadership, guidance and QC oversight of subconsultants
in the design development, bid and construction drawings and/or
- Maintain relationships and identify appropriate subconsultants
- Thoroughly review project submittals (both material and shop
drawings) for approval.
- Collaborate with and advise installation project manager of
potential project implementation challenges.
- Assist installation project manager in resolving install issues
and customer concerns.
- Inspect installed scope as necessary to confirm delivered
- Communicate knowledge periodically and on demand to fellow
employees and customers through training events, tools, and in
speedy response to questions.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position will require approximately 30% travel, generally
of one to three days' duration. Weekend travel is rare, but
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative
of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An
individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- A BS or MS degree in Mechanical, Civil, Environmental, or
- PE (preferred)
- A minimum of five to seven years progressive experience in
engineering, procurement, fabrication, and
construction/construction management water wastewater systems,
including, preferably, successful construction and /or
commissioning completed field assignment
- Experience in the performance of functional tasks on projects
with a well-developed understanding of procedures and
- Proficient at growing solid relationships with the
collaborators and stakeholders while meeting the company business
needs and goals
- Adaptable and able to maintain effectiveness in changing
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of performance with
responsibility and accountability for successfully completing
assignments and tasks
- Proactive in taking prompt and appropriate action to ensure
objectives are accomplished and apply necessary follow-up to
monitor progress and results of project tasks and assignments
- Analytical approach to problem solving and identifying
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A solid understanding of water and/or wastewater equipment,
technologies, and processes.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship skills
at all levels within an organization.
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word
processing, email, spreadsheets electronic presentations, and
project management tools
- The proven ability to adeptly juggle multiple projects, program
offerings, customers, deadlines, and demands.
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Technical and business writing skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the primary duties. Moving over rough or uneven
surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching,
reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately
heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop
computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those employees encounter while
performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the primary duties. While performing the primary
functions of the job, the employee is regularly exposed a general
office environment. During periods of project site visits, the
employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions as well as
mechanical equipment rooms, which could consist of confined spaces
and loud noises. Employee may work in different environments while
on various job sites.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support
our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family
leave,401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about
working with us:http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open,
passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our
employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we
operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive
culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for
the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success -
on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about
working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any
position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal
employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of
recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all
qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender,
disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual
orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected
characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept
unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.