Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 12, 2021
QSC is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Mechanical
Engineer to be responsible for developing mechanical,
electro-mechanical parts and assemblies. Responsibilities include
hands-on design work as well as guiding the work of others. A broad
technical background that includes 3D CAD modeling, simulation,
prototyping, test, and analysis is required. Tasks include but are
not limited to: structural and thermal analysis, producing
engineering documentation, and working with interdepartmental teams
and vendors to develop new products.
- Work with other disciplines to develop products in a rapid time
frame that meet engineering, manufacturing, and business
- Thermal and structural analysis of conceptual designs to
determine viability. Work with other disciplines and suppliers to
ensure design is manufacturable and within BOM cost goals.
- Hands-on involvement and oversight of product verification
testing. This includes troubleshooting and determining
- Analyze and troubleshoot manufacturing and field issues,
support 2nd sourcing efforts, and provide general engineering
feedback for production staff.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Master's degree preferred
- 10 plus years work experience as a Mechanical Engineer
developing electronic products for high volume
- Coordinate and lead mechanical efforts on multiple projects to
ensure on-time delivery of high quality designs.
- Deep understanding of fabrication processes for milling, sheet
metal, extrusions, castings, and injection molded plastics.
- Theoretical/practical knowledge of thermal management methods.
Simulation skills preferred.
- High skill level in parametric modeling (SolidWorks or Creo)
including surfacing and top-down modeling.
- Working knowledge of PLM tools such as Agile PLM
Keywords: QSC, Costa Mesa , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!