Company: Water Grill-South Coast Plaza
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: January 10, 2022
For over 25 years, the Water Grill has sated the palates of
seafood lovers in Southern California. Hailed as "the best seafood
in Southern California" by the internationally recognized Zagat
Guide, Water Grill consistently offers dazzling fish preparations
of superior quality and freshness.We keep it reel! Free shift
meals, premium benefits, an amazing culinary family, growth
opportunities, and more! Are you hooked yet?What do we bring to the
- Growth Opportunities
- Great training and commitment to promotions from within!
- Teamwork / Flexible Hours
- Education Reimbursement
- Generous Dining Discount
- Productive Environment
- Strong company culture
- Delicious food in a beautiful restaurant!The Back of House
Supervisors support the management team in providing a friendly,
helpful and knowledgeable kitchen crew that goes above and beyond
at all times. Supervisors are part of a fun, fast paced environment
and will have multiple responsibilities from guest interaction, to
expediting orders, to hands on cooking. This position is a step
before our Management Training and is an opportunity for you to
learn the culinary business and grow your career.Once hired, you
will be trained to provide friendly, helpful and knowledgeable
service that goes above and beyond at all times. You will be
exposed to each station in the kitchen and expected to understand
our food standards to coach and support others as you execute a
shift. You will contribute and excel in a team service environment
while supporting the Chef and Sous Chef.ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- High school graduate, some college
- Any previous supervisor experience.
- 2 years' experience in a kitchen/cook role
- Ability to communicate in a satisfactory manner, both verbal
and written English.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of all menu and special
items, prices and quality standards.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite
frequent stressful, or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a
team.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the daily receiving, storage, and preparation of all
- Records all waste (food product) on tracking sheet
- Nightly protein count
- Assists KM/EKM in counting weekly inventory
- Ensures that all food products meet company recipe
specifications for preparation and quality.
- Ensures that timing standards are met during production.
- Inspects and approve dishes before they go to guest tables.
Examine and assess the quality of ingredients and
- Ensures compliance with health and safety regulations. Checking
food temperatures, sanitation levels, proper storage, etc.
- Cooking when needed to support the flow of the business
- Constant deferral to Manager on duty for business decisions
that will effect financials.
- Complete opening and/or closing duties as assigned
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift
activities.Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Water Grill-South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa , BOH Supervisor, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!