Summer Day Camp Counselor-Intern
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: August 4, 2022
KE Camps is the leading provider of summer camps for country
clubs nationwide. We partner with over 160 private clubs all over
the country to implement traditional-style day camps for
elementary-aged children. Our Staff are the backbone of our
programs and therefore, we pride ourselves on giving them an
incredible amount of support. As a staff member, we guarantee you
will feel a part of the KE Camps Team! We hire to INSPIRE, and hope
you'll join us along this journey!
Our Camp Counselor positions have the potential to serve as
competitively paid internships that meet your course credit
First and foremost, your primary responsibilities will be as a Camp
Counselor. As an Intern, you will be expected to fulfill your
regular daily job responsibilities and it will be up to you to
complete your internship responsibilities and to ensure that they
do not interfere with your work obligations. Contact your college
advisor in advance and ask them if you can use your summer camp job
as a practicum, internship or for other course credits. If KE Camps
can meet your internship requirements, your on-site Camp Director
will be your field supervisor and oversee your course work. You
will also be connected to a KE Camps contact at our HQ in
Princeton, NJ. To receive credit, you must complete the course,
practicum or internship per your college's parameters and complete
your summer employment.
As a Camp Counselor, you will be an active participant in all camp
activities and will assist your Camp Director with a variety of
daily tasks, all with the goal of creating a memorable and
meaningful camp experience for your campers. Our Counselors
interact with our campers throughout the entire day, helping them
make friends, try new things, and generally caring for their
well-being. The role of a Counselor is to participate, build
relationships and have fun while ensuring the physical and
emotional safety of every child.
Camp Counselor Qualities
* Ability to help children grow in character, experiences and
* Ability to guard the health and well-being of campers at all
* Capable of sustaining energy for participation in a full day's
worth of activities
* Prior experience working with children
* Enthusiastic, Responsible, Dependable, Consistent, Level-Headed,
Flexible, and Calm in all situations
* Entering first year of college, or equivalent
* CPR/First Aid Certified OR willing to become certified before the
Camp Counselor Responsibilities
* Work with group of campers and provide a fun, safe and exciting
* Cooperate with fellow Counselors and Camp Director
* Greet families and campers upon arrival
* Support Camp Director in establishing rules and emergency
procedures with campers
* Participate in all camp activities
* Help out where needed and lead activities when asked to by the
Benefits of Interning with KE Camps
* Build Critical Skills - You will gain skills sought after by
employers. 21st Century Skills such as creativity, problem solving,
flexibility, collaboration, organization, planning and
communication are just a few of the strengths you'll build
throughout the summer.
* Networking Opportunities - You will build professional contacts
with other staff and camp alumni. You'll have the opportunity to
create connections that can provide a link to future internships
and job opportunities in a variety of careers.
* Hands on Leadership Experience - You will supervise a group of
campers, lead programs and positively influence the next
generation. This is a hands-on leadership experience in which you
will engage in active decision-making, behavior management, and
Our camp is located at Mesa Verde Country Club in Costa Mesa, CA.
Camp will run from June 21, 2022 to August 12, 2022 - staff members
must be available to work the full camp season.
Find out more at www.kecamps.com!
Keywords: KECamps, Costa Mesa , Summer Day Camp Counselor-Intern, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!