Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
Company: College Hospital Costa Mesa
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Psychiatric hospital in Orange County is looking to hire Per
*\*\*\* After applying through Indeed, please visit our website at
https://chc.la/ch-costa-mesa-careers/ to download our College
Hospital Costa Mesa application. Send your filled out application
and resume to our HR email. Thank you \*\*\**
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To facilitate psychoeducational groups for Psychiatric Patients on
all units as well as the Medical Detox Unit. In addition, to
document participation in groups and contribute to the treatment
_*Masters degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or a
related field. Registration with BBS preferred, inpatient
psychiatric experience preferred. CPR and MAB certification
required within 90 days of employment. Excellent verbal and written
skills, as well as group facilitation skills.*_
Frequent walking, standing, bending, reaching and sitting. Lifting
up to 10 pounds. Pulling and pushing up to 25 pounds. Corrected
vision and hearing to a normal range. Finger dexterity. Frequent
exposure to stressful situation. Constant public and patient
Constant exposure to noise. Occasional exposure to bloodborne
pathogens. Occasional exposure to chemicals and general cleaning
agents. Shift hours may vary dependent upon the department needs to
include weekends and holidays.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
\* General Staff Accountabilities
* Employee's conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and
Code of Conduct of College Hospital.
* Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the
cultural needs of others.
* Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and
maintains strict confidentiality.
* Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized
access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state
* Maintains required certification/license in a timely fashion.
* Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
* Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and
notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when
unable to come to work.
* Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by
Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately
writing in and out.
* Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with
* Adheres to the Dress Code.
* Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case
of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement
* Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies
basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
* Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in
reporting any potential safety issues.
PROGRAM THERAPIST/PROGRAM PAGE 2
\* Job Specific Accountabilities
* Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
Documents group progress notes clearly, concisely and timely.
* Incorporates knowledge of developmental norms in design and
implementation of the behavioral program and materials used
in-group psycho-educational sessions.
* Participates in planning, organization and implementation of
clinical programs and continuous quality improvement program with
the Clinical Program Director.
* Demonstrates effective psycho-educational teaching skills.
* Functions as a role model in clinical care, demonstrating
competency in clinical judgment and appropriate knowledge base.
* Provides input regarding the evaluation of program effectiveness
and actively participates in implementation of change.
* Demonstrates self-directed learning and participation in
continuing education to meet own professional development
* Seeks information necessary for accurate completion of job
* Complies with all reporting laws concerning child abuse/neglect,
elder/dependent adult abuse/neglect, domestic violence, and
* Effectively performs other duties, as assigned.
\* Customer Service
* Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite,
friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians,
and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors,
clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected. Finishes
encounters with follow up questions.
* Informs customers of what we can do, not what we can't and works
as a member of the team to achieve the intended outcome
* Informs the customer of what action, when the customer will be
contacted again and informs customers of unexpected delays in
* Acknowledges people immediately, makes eye contact, smiles and
greets customers cheerfully while stopping to offer assistance
* Greets people on the telephone cheerfully, and identifies self
* Calls patients and family members and visitors by Mr., Mrs. Or
Ms,. Unless otherwise directed by the person.
* Explains each action performed to patient and family regarding
what is being done and why
* Listens effectively to the customer's requests and promptly takes
the necessary actions to assist them
* Does not engage in personal conversations with others or in front
of customers while providing service
* Respects our customers' privacy and will not discuss patient
related information in public
* Interacts with co-workers and staff in a courteous and
* Does not discuss staff, organizational policies, problems, or
medical care in public areas
* Is considerate, cooperates with and assists co-workers, staff,
and other departments to guarantee quality service.
Job Type: Part-time
* Addiction Medicine
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Please list license/intern #.
* License or Intern Number (AMFT, ACSW, etc) (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: College Hospital Costa Mesa, Costa Mesa , Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!