Company: Aston Carter
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user-friendliness & environmental awareness.
The corporate office is looking to add a credit coordinator to their team. Position will be FULLY REMOTE. C2H or DP. Position is open due to someone leaving next week.
Top Skills/Must haves: Basic Excel; Cash Allocation, B2B collections; Account Reconciliation; Issuing Credit Memos; 2+ years of experience; dispute resolution, big box retail experience
Fully Remote (Any timezone)
Degree v Exp: Degree is preferred but will take experience over a degree
Culture: self-starter, ability to work both collaboratively and individually, don't need a social butterfly
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Collections: Monitor, track and pursue prompt payment on an assigned book of receivable accounts meeting established levels of currency set by management. Contact customers to request payment on past due balances. Follow up on payment commitments. Escalate issues to the Credit Manager for further assistance and timely resolution.
Cash Allocation: Ensure payment received from customers is allocated in a timely, accurate manner and in accordance with the customer's instructions. Contact customer prior to allocation regarding any discrepancies in their instructions.
Order Release: Release orders with a "sense of urgency". Give them priority by checking frequently for waiting orders. Release orders according to established guidelines in regards to account delinquency and credit limits.
Dispute Resolution: Resolve disputes in a timely and efficient manner. Determine the course of action to be taken. Expedite the resolution of disputes by gathering the necessary back up and enlisting the assistance of the appropriate department responsible for approvals/denials. Follow up frequently with the department(s) to ensure forward progress until resolution is attained. Elevate problematic and/or slow moving issues to the Credit Manager as necessary for assistance and timely resolution.
Address Book Set Up and Maintenance: Set up new receivable accounts in the system timely and accurately according to the requests and approvals given. Update and enter changes to the areas of the address book that pertain to and/or that have been designated as fields for updating by credit/AR department. Reach out to the appropriate department (Sales, IT, Accounting, etc.) to clarify any uncertainty regarding input or changes to be done.
Reporting: Provide reporting on bad debt, delinquencies, disputed balances, extended terms, etc. as requested and required by management.
Special Projects: Complete special projects as assigned and instructed within the time limits given while maintaining efficiency in other job responsibilities.
Department Support Roles:
Credit Limit Reviews and Support: Conduct regular credit limit reviews both as needed (over credit limit or change in payment habits) and as instructed by the Credit Manager. Gather the required information on payment and sales history, credit reports, trade references, financial statements and any other required and requested documentation for Credit Analyst and/or Credit Manager's review and assessment.
New Account Documentation Support: Receive new account documents and check for completeness. Attain credit report(s) from the credit reporting agency(s) and send out trade and bank references. Create a file and submit the documents to the Credit Analysts or Credit Manager for further processing and/or approvals.
Credit Note Processing and Back Up: Process credit notes timely, accurately and within established guidelines in regards to signature(s) or authority, duplicate entries, etc. returning those that do not meet requirements back to the submitting person for correction. Provide back up support to Credit Analysts.
Collection, Accounts receivable, Customer service, Credits, Excel data entry, credit memo, cash allocation
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1. A minimum of two + years of experience in credit and receivables.
2. Good written and verbal communication skills. Effectively communicate with others to bring about understanding on a situation whether providing information or requesting assistance.
3. Ability to address and resolve basic to intermediate receivable and credit issues with a clear understanding of what is required to do so.
4. Good follow up and follow through habits.
5. Good skills in reconciliation to sort out issue of miss-application of funds and other issues requiring an understanding of basic reconciliation techniques.
6. Ability to go outside the immediate functional area in order to resolve customer issues. This requires a basic understanding of what each functional area does and how it effects the credit and AR functions.
7. Professionalism in dealing with both internal and external customers.
8. Effectively negotiate payment plans with customers, follow up and follow through to a timely conclusion.
9. Ability to recognize when to escalate an issue to management for assistance and timely resolution.
10. Good organizational skills to manage numerous documents and files in a reasonably neat and orderly fashion.
11. Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment where timely resolution and efficiency are both of high importance.
12. A good understanding of the sense of urgency to any given situation and be able to transfer that urgency to others within the organization in order to meet deadlines and accomplish goals.
13. Effectively utilize office technologies to provide effective communication with internal and external customers including but not limited to basic skills with computer systems, e-mail, internet, spreadsheets, and word processing software and banking programs.
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we're dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions - from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients' capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today's workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Keywords: Aston Carter, Costa Mesa , Credit Coordinator, Other , Costa Mesa, California
here to apply!