Company: Kimco Staffing
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: September 16, 2023
-Safety Coordinator IIJob LocationsUS-CA-Huntington BeachID -
2023-2068Min USD $20.45/Hr. - - - Range USD $40.85/Hr. / Salary may
vary based on experience.Type Full TimeShift - First
ShiftSummaryCoordinates with all departments to evaluate and
analyze hazardous situations, prevent accidents and promote a safe
place to work at Cambro. Coordinates with departmental management
in the administration of employee safety to include monthly
department safety performance audits, accident and incident
investigation, hazard identification, job safety analysis, employee
training, safety processes/procedures implementation and
monitoring, documentation and associated record keeping.Essential
- Conduct monthly safety performance audits and inspections.
- Develop and track action items as a result of safety
- Conduct new hire and transferred employee orientations.
- Conduct specialized department and/or monthly management
training as required or as appropriate.
- Facilitate the established biohazard waste disposal
- Assist management in investigation of accidents as necessary,
review accident reports and track action items.
- Assists with updating department safety rules; maintain current
- Facilitate the maintenance of appropriate safety records.
- Ability to read chemical labels and distinguish chemical
- Facilitate moving vehicle equipment program; train and certify
employees as necessary.
- Facilitate emergency management programs and conduct annual
employee evacuation drills.
- Assists with the management of various safety programs, such as
the Hearing Protection Program
- Assist departments with the development of JSA's or one of a
number of any other safety-related items or projects.
- Responsibility for task/project management.
- Coordinate Site Safe Work, Emergency Response, Contractor
Safety, Incident/Accident/Illness Injury Investigations and General
Safety Procedures and/or Programs.
- Provide input to Manager and interface with regulatory agencies
and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on industrial safety and
health regulations, policies, standards, and programs.
- Participate actively in the local EHS community.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being
punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the
department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE
as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues
regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with
others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts
accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and
communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise
concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture,
display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and
- Understands department's key performance indicators and
contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a
- Other duties as needed or required.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for multiple facilities and may be required to
travel between them, sometimes frequently.
- Must remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in
order to meet business needs.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. -Sitting,
walking, standing, bending at the neck, bending at the waist,
squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, simple grasping, power
grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling, reaching above
and below the shoulder, carrying/lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Driving cars, trucks, forklifts and other equipment
- Working around equipment and machinery
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals
- Working at heights
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment
- Walking on uneven ground
- Risk of exposure to bio-hazard while working such as:
bloodborne pathogens, sewage, hospital waste, etc. -PPE
- Safety glasses
- Utility gloves/cutting gloves
- Full leather upper, protective-toe slip-resistant shoes
- Hardhat or bump cap
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, ear muffs)
- Face shields
- Dispoable particular respirator
- Face covering (mask) in accordance with company policy.REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONSThe requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Broad, general knowledge of health and safety regulations,
California Code of Regulations, Title 8, and 29 CFR (Code of
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish)
- Some environmental regulatory knowledge
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a health and safety
- Three or more years' experience in administering safety
programs in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of the Incident Command System
- Valid California Driver's License or ability to obtain one
-PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- College degree and/or certification in related field
- Experience in ISO or OHSAS
- ASP or CSP Certification preferredCAMBRO is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to and will not be
discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical
or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran
status, or other characteristics protected by law. - -PandoLogic.
Keywords: Occupational Health Specialist, Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Keywords: Kimco Staffing, Costa Mesa , Safety Coordinator, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!