Seasonal Guest Experience Leader, Part Time - South Coast Plaza
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: September 16, 2023
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores About:
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet
approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to
make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will
always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the
world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life.
Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and
access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our
colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and
collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background,
thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Be on the front lines of a store like no other. The GEL is highly
present and involved on the selling floor, immersing self into the
customer experience. The GEL will interact in the moment with the
customer, proactively anticipating their needs and creating
opportunities to elevate the experience with the goal of creating
the best possible customer experience and maximizing sales. Highly
interactive with both associates and customers, the GEL moves
through the store constantly during the shift to gain total
oversight of the selling environment, resolving spontaneous
customer issues and adjusting resources to drive sales and service.
The GEL must be able to intercede, handle tough issues, make
decisions, and quickly establish rapport with customers. The GEL
reports to the General Manager.
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
- Acts as a Role Model of Service.
- Greets all customers.
- Actively engages in conversation with customers, takes next
steps appropriately (e.g. walks them to their destination,
introduces them to a Sales Professional, answers questions about
- Is familiar with all areas of store and with associates; is
able to refer and recommend people and product based on that
- Anticipates potential customer issues and always acts with a
sense of urgency to resolve them .
- Responds urgently to customer complaints; is empowered to
resolve customer issues.
- Exhibits sound judgement under pressure.
- Knows the customers and clients who shop frequently; greets
them by name and acknowledges our appreciation for their
- Mentors associates on all store processes and procedures to
ensure an outstanding customer experience.
- Performs closing functions, not limited to register and
equipment. Has 4-wall responsibility in the absence of other
oIs the primary responder on call to facilitate overrides, address
and resolve complaints, to respond to calls for coverage or support
- Actively supports total store priorities and establish self as
an available and engaged leader.
- Provides visible store oversight.
- Shares responsibility and ownership of store family behavior,
performance and engagement. Driven by our Desire to Win
- Listen to and understand customer requests trends.
- Actively advocates for the customer. Solicits feedback, listens
and responds to the customer's needs and seeks opportunities to
improve the service experience.
- Ensure that staffing coverage is appropriate.
- Walks the floor and moves Sales Professionals around as
appropriate based on traffic.
- Partners with the Sales Managers to ensure that lunches and
breaks are taken appropriately.
- Reports coverage issues to management to address on-going
staffing or scheduling issues.
- Identifies and monitors key service impression areas to ensure
that most critical areas are attended to even during times of
- Leads the fulfillment strategy throughout the shift.
- Responsible in conjunction with the Business Managers for
assuring the proper maintenance, fill in and recovery of the
selling floor at the end of the night is to standard.
- Identifies issues in fitting rooms (cleanliness, lack of
attention to customers) and partners with the Business Managers to
address/resolve. Committed to a culture of Collaboration and
- Observes, coaches and role models customer-centric selling
behaviors at all times to drive the consistency and quality of
- Inserts self into selling interactions to elevate the
experience and maximize the sale; takes advantage of teachable
moments to improve Sales Professional performance;
redirects/coaches behaviors, recognizes and celebrates positive
- Ensures all events and promotions are thoroughly
- Ensures associates are connecting promptly and genuinely with
- Redirects and coaches behavior of Sales Professionals as
- Communicates consistently with management about any customer
experience and floor coverage issues; collaborates to find
solutions and avoid future issues.
- Shares observations of both positive and negative
- Embraces the opportunity to assist and empower associates in
resolving customer issues.
- Champion use of selling technology to support a seamless
customer experience; deliver omnichannel competency by optimizing
use of tools/following standard procedures. Qualifications and
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Requires ability to manage people, resources and workflow
independently and effectively with minimal direction to drive
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build cross functional relationships across
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
store/company needs. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
is required. Physical Requirements:
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching,
crouching and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs. STORES00
This position may be eligible for performance-based
incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k,
medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO
accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply
based on location, job level, classification, and length of
employment. Click here to see details on benefits.
Keywords: Bloomingdales, Costa Mesa , Seasonal Guest Experience Leader, Part Time - South Coast Plaza, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!