Senior Regional Operations Leader (NORESCO)
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Date Posted:2020-10-06-07:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:CAC03: NOR Costa Mesa 2955 Red Hill Ave, Costa
Mesa, CA, 92626 USAExciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!As one
of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO
utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to
deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant
infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also
provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for
central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO's
Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable
design consulting services, including energy auditing,
commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting
analysis, LEED-- certification consulting, and sustainability
master planning.What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to
engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each
customer's individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the
excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn
their trust and respect through listening and timely response to
their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing
and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in
the energy industry.NORESCO is a Carrier company. We offer
competitive compensation and benefits packages.Senior Manager of
O&MThis opening is for Senior Manager of Operations and
Services with NORESCO in both the east (DC) and West coast areas.
This position reports directly to NORESCO's Vice President of
Facilities/O&M.Specific responsibilities for this Senior
Manager of O&M position include:
- Provide technical support and direction to regional field
O&M Managers who each manage O&M activities at multiple
project sites located in the US and aboard
- Continually enforce safety and ethics to the highest standards
and maintain security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by monitoring and recording use, wear and
- Manage all direct and indirect reports including the discussion
and setting of performance goals, performance reviews, and
- Provide customer support and management for each project
including responsibility for customer complaints, equipment
maintenance, repair and replacement responsibility and management
- Have active control of and responsibility for maintaining the
quality of all projects under their control to maintain project
economic performance (savings as verified by the Measurement and
Verification (M&V) plan) for each particular
- Negotiate with Subcontractors for work to be done including
prequalification, development of subcontractor scope, subcontract
document development with the legal department and preparation of
subcontract for signature. Include yearly review for continued use
- Work as part of a multi-discipline team of sales, development,
engineering and construction for the development and proposal of
future projects. Responsible for the quality of the development
wright-ups, long term O&M scope, subcontractor pricing, and
budgeting for the duration of the O&M project period.
- Have Profit and loss responsibility for all projects assigned.
Includes development of annual forecast budgets for subcontractors,
material and internal labor. Track company's revenue margins and
conduct budget reviews to maximize profits. Report on reasons for
monthly and year to date variations from forecasted budget on a
monthly basis. Provide Monthly report on open issues and proposed
resolution for each project site.
- Proactivity define, revise and implement department operational
processes, policies and procedures as needed to minimize
operational risks and maximize operational excellence,
- Develop and provide training on all types of equipment. Assist
in designing and delivering field education classes.
- Make regular inspection trips through assigned projects to
consult with customers, O&M managers, O&M field personnel,
- On a proactive and emergency basis, provide assistance to the
regional field O&M Managers and their reports on the
malfunctioning of equipment, determine needed corrective action,
see that it is implemented and advise personnel.
- Utilize the CMMS system to track the completion of all required
Preventative Maintenance, Repair and Replacement activities that
are responsibilities on each project site needed to meet contract
- Using the ACE QCPC system review for and resolve problems with
the highest callback units in assigned territory. Determine from
patterns of complaints when a problem is repetitive and warrants a
change in design or construction, seek the solution through the
respective organization and see that it is completed within a
reasonable time frame.Qualifications
- Successful candidates must have minimum of 10 years field
experience in troubleshooting, installing, maintaining and/or
adjusting electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- Minimum of 3 years managing personnel.
- Working knowledge of DDC control systems. Knowledge of various
- Experience working with, training, directing, and leading field
personnel in multi-disciplines
- Analytical/problem solving skills required.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time will be needed.
- Candidates must possess proficient oral and written
communication/ presentation skills to effectively communicate to
with a wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities
- Excellent project management skills required.
- Outstanding negotiation skills preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have very strong computer skills and possess advanced MS
Office and Excel skills.Education
- BA/BS Engineering or business degree preferred.
- In lieu of a BA/BS degree, a High school diploma is required
with 15+ years of Professional-Level Relevant experience is
required.Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.Job
Applicant's Privacy Notice:Click on this link to read the Job
Applicant's Privacy Notice
Keywords: Carrier, Costa Mesa , Senior Regional Operations Leader (NORESCO), Professions , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!