Behavioral Health Technician
Company: Resurgence Behavioral Health
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: January 9, 2021
The Behavioral Health Technician is an entry-level position in
the Operations Department. They are responsible for the
shift-by-shift supervision of the client milieu and attending to
client's essential needs while at Resurgence California, LLC and/or
Advanced Recovery Solutions and/or Balboa Horizons, which will be
referred to herein as 'Resurgence California, LLC and Managed
- Completion of all duties and/or documentation within Resurgence
California, LLC and Managed Partners', state, and other accrediting
body mandated timelines.
- Conduct client rounds according to state protocols and document
appropriately in the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Read daily communication log at beginning of shift, complete
summary at close of shift, and complete all required tasks during
- Complete new admission intake procedures according to
Resurgence California, LLC and Managed Partners' policies on all
new admissions (UA, vitals, appropriate assessments, belongings
searches, and paperwork).
- Documentation of daily progress in client charts. Overnight
staff to document quantity and quality of sleep in progress
- Medication observation for clients in accordance with
Resurgence California, LLC and Managed Partners' and DHCS
- Administering detoxification protocols (completion of CIWA,
COWS forms, vital signs rounds) on all detoxification clients.
- Crisis intervention
- Logging of new medications or medication changes according to
DHCS and Resurgence California, LLC and Managed Partners'
- Assist, teach and/or supervise clients with general household
chores, cleanliness and food preparation; clean up as
- Conduct Morning Reflection, Evening Reflection, Book study, and
aid in other groups as needed including facilitation and
- Support clients in daily programming needs and communicate with
clinical and operations team members as needed regarding client
needs and observed interactions
- Demonstrate strong listening skills and allow clients to fully
convey their needs so that they may be clearly relayed to the
- Drive clients to and from appointments, outside meetings, and
other activities that would require transportation to and from the
- Completion of rounds which requires walking throughout the
facility and recording client locations and predetermined
- Attend all mandatory weekly staff meetings and contribute in a
productive and collaborative fashion
- Support fellow co-workers and aid in completion of tasks when
team members require assistance
- Arrive on time to work prepared to begin shift so that other
shifts may provide report, complete their end of shift tasks, and
transition out in a timely manner.
- Recognize the need for variations in staffing and volunteer to
fill open shifts.
- Take direction and initiate actions (cross/additional training)
that will allow the assumption of cross-functional duties to ensure
seamless client care.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems
it necessary within the System.
- Conforms to work hours and schedule. Alerts supervisor of
unexpected problems causing absence, lateness, or the need to leave
early, in accordance with Resurgence California, LLC and Managed
Partners' policy and procedures.Problem Solving
- Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing
things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing
- Makes appropriate arrangements when adverse weather or other
problems might delay on-time arrival.
- Consistently evaluate work and determine if further steps are
needed to meet client expectations.
- Resolve conflicts within the program in a positive manner that
promotes collaboration and understanding among those
involvedProductivity and Efficiency
- Consistently complete tasks assigned each shift and makes use
of down time to complete additional tasks as requested by other
staff or those observed as needing to be completed
- Completion of notes in a timely and efficient manner ensuring
concise and accurate information is conveyedPersonal Development
- Attend all required annual company, state, and other
accrediting body trainings to remain abreast of topics related to
substance use disorder treatment
- Participate in all continuing education required to maintain
licensure or certificationCompetencies
- Demonstrate and introductory knowledge of the 12 Steps and
alternative methods of recovery as evidenced by being able to
explain the basic tenets of each
- Demonstrate an introductory level understanding of the recovery
process by being able to identify the following: basic signs and
symptoms of withdraw, the differences between withdraw scale scores
and basic medications used to treat withdraw
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills as evidenced by being able to
speak to clients in a compassionate, kind, and empathic
- Demonstrate written communication skills as evidenced by:
documenting daily progress notes, documenting daily shift notes,
and utilization of email to convey urgent client information
- Demonstrate an understanding of HIPAA compliance and privacy
measures by being able to explain HIPAA and privacy as well as
maintaining client privacy throughout their course of
- Demonstrate strong oral communication skills as evidenced by
being able to clearly and concisely relay information to the
clients and team members in person or over the phone.
- Demonstrate tactful communication as evidenced by demonstrating
discretion when discussing clients and the program both in the home
and the community.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer utilization with
the following programs: Google Suite, Google Chrome, and digital
documentation as evidenced by ability to use all applications with
minimal need for assistance.Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position
has no direct supervisory responsibilities.Work EnvironmentThis job
operates in a residential treatment facility setting. This role
requires regular walking to various locations around the
residential treatment facility. This role also routinely comes into
contact with clients who may have contagious illnesses.Physical
DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires
standing, walking, and bending. The employee may be required to
lift and/or move items over 20 pounds.Position Type and Expected
Hours of WorkThis is a full-time hourly position in a residential
treatment facility setting that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a
year. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during inclement
weather will be required.TravelNo travel is expected for this
- Current RADT-I certification or higher issued by an accrediting
- High School diploma, or GED equivalent
- One year of experience in a human services setting or
- Clean DMV Record and/or accordance with Resurgence California,
LLC and Managed Partners' requirements
- Valid Driver's License
- Current First Aid and CPR Certifications.
- Current TB Clearance
- Current California Facility Health Personnel Clearance
- Servsafe Food Handler CardThe employee will be provided
performance evaluations to measure performance areas. Inability to
meet performance expectations will result in specific, short term
performance enhancement action plans with a timeline to improve.
Below average rating in employee performance will result in
progressive disciplinary action up to and including termination of
employment.We are committed to providing Equal Employment
Opportunities to all employees and applicants.
- The job duties listed above should not be construed as an
exhaustive list of all job duties required. Other duties will be
assigned as the need arises and according to programmatic
Keywords: Resurgence Behavioral Health, Costa Mesa , Behavioral Health Technician, Professions , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!