Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and
drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes
2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing
plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the
District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with
supermarkets across the country that includes: Albertsons, Safeway,
Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco,
Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets,
Market Street and Amigos.The Distribution Center for Albertsons is
located in Irvine, CA has an opening for a Facilities Maintenance
- -- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the maintenance and
sanitation departments to ensure that planned maintenance and
sanitation procedures are being performed accurately and on a
- -- Oversee the purchase of parts, tools and materials for
maintenance and sanitation purposes as required.
- -- Verify work orders to ensure they are properly documented
for all jobs
- -- Conduct department and entire facility safety surveys and
assign work orders and personnel to correct deficiencies.
- -- Respond to and investigate accidents, near miss situations,
and equipment and facility integrity issues.
- -- Participate in departmental and facility safety team
- -- Oversee grounds sanitation and maintenance to include
landscape and pavement.
- -- Assist in troubleshooting equipment and facility system
- -- Perform other related duties as
- -- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- -- Strong administrative skills to include PC skills (i.e.
Excel, Word, Access, DataStream, Maximo, etc)
- -- Must be detail-oriented and well- organized. Possess ability
to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions in a fast-
- -- 3-5 years experience in a supervisory, management or lead
- -- 5-7 years experience in the repair and maintenance of
material handling equipment, conveyors, forklifts,
sweepers/scrubbers, auto storage and retrieval system, etc.
- -- Ammonia refrigeration experience a plus.
- -- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment
with high awareness of safety.
- -- Technical mechanical and electrical skills.
- -- Proven ability to manage within a team structure.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
- -- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, and be able to
stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in multiple temperature environments.Diversity
is fundamental at Albertsons/Safeway. We foster an inclusive
working environment where the different strengths and perspectives
of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that
building successful relationships with our customers and our
communities is only possible through the diversity of our people.
And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.The
Albertsons/Safeway policy is to provide employment, training,
compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status,
medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected
status.We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a
position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before
they are hired.
Keywords: Albertsons, Costa Mesa , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!