Company: ACCO Brands
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: April 6, 2021
All existing jobs are posted on our website. If you don't see
anything you have an interest in, we encourage you to check back
regularly. Click the link below to find out more and apply today!
We are looking for a--Mechanical Design Engineer to join--our Costa
Mesa--Office! Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the
largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners
and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain
more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the
design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of
commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process
piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a
low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital,
semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing
plant---ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical
system to meet your needs Here at ACCO, we are a part of something
bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences,
L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been
around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we
are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more
about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and
events. This position is responsible for the delivery of
engineering services, from conceptual design through construction
completion of HVAC, Plumbing, and other contract services offered
by ACCO Engineered Systems. WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Assist with engineering design project planning (i.e.,
conceptual design through construction drawing development)
- Complete code-required energy compliance and LEED
- Conduct engineering calculations, energy analysis, economic
analysis, selection and layout of equipment, and duct & piping
system design for HVAC, Plumbing, and other building systems for
which ACCO offers expertise
- Understanding of applications engineering including
psychrometrics, refrigeration, acoustics, and controls systems
- Assist with coordination of design and installation with
Project Management, Construction and Service departments, Controls,
and other trade partners.
- Field engineering: assist with project execution, site surveys,
trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem
- Computer 2D and 3D modeling of HVAC or plumbing systems
utilizing the latest modeling software
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues and
project team members
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor WHAT ARE WE
LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management
- Prior intern experience with mechanical contractor and/or
engineering consultant preferred, but not required
- EIT Certificate highly desirable, but not required
- Excellent understanding of Engineering fundamentals
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Revit, or similar drafting software
preferred PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The physical demands described
herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds,
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of assisting with project job
walks and site inspections).
- The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder
height to access storage cabinets and shelves. WHAT'S IN IT FOR
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment
of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging
place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP - Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit
from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and
- Professional Development Programs - Educational reimbursements,
Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth
opportunities. ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D. We
proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply. ACCO will consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories for employment. At this time, ACCO is unable to
provide visa sponsorship
Keywords: ACCO Brands, Costa Mesa , Design Engineer, Professions , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!