Capital Project Manager
Company: Rexford Industrial
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: May 11, 2022
We are looking for an experienced Capital Project Manager (CPM)
who will be an integral member of -the construction team with a
primary focus on executing capital projects and working in tandem
with our property managers. Typical capital projects include (but
not limited to) roofing/skylights, landscaping, paving, painting,
lighting, HVAC, sprinklers, ADA improvements and small tenant
improvements (TI's). The value of the individual projects generally
ranges from $50,000 up to $1,000,000. The CPM will be part of a
small team executing the annual budgeted capital work across the
Rexford portfolio, throughout Southern California. The Capital
Project Manager (CPM) will ---identify, plan, and actively manage
capital projects ensuring that they are completed successfully,
within approved scope, timeline, and budget. The CPM ---will be
responsible for organizing and managing existing and upcoming
projects - monitoring project plans, schedules, budgets,
expenditures, vendor management, and monthly reporting, as
required. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the capital project pipeline within a given region,
including day-to-day operational aspects, budget planning, scope
development, project management and execution.
- Work with consultants, vendors, and subcontractors to define
and document scope(s) of work(s) and manage competitive bid
packages for capital improvement projects generally ranging between
$50,000 up to $1,000,000.
- Coordination, review, and analysis of budgets and reforecast
- Preparation of annual capital budget plan for the
- Analysis of asset management plans to determine opportunities
to add value; identify opportunities to upgrade and/or maximize the
value of the portfolio.
- Deliver projects on time, on budget, meeting all local
compliance requirements, in line with Rexford brand standards, free
of defects and with minimal impact to tenant experience.
- Main point of contact and escalation for the Property
Management team on all ongoing and planned capital improvements
- Provide job status reports in a timely manner and in the agreed
- Review, code, and submit invoices for payment processing.
Ensure costs are coded correctly and are in line with corresponding
- Ensure all pertinent job info is obtained and filed in the
appropriate locations, including but not limited to contractor
insurance, contracts, invoices, drawings, notices, warranties,
- Review and maintain contractor insurance files and solicit
updates as required before payment.
- Interface and develop working relationships with vendors,
contractors, and various public agencies as needed.
- Draft and edit all relevant job cost project information,
process for signatures, and enter all contracts and change orders
for capital improvements projects into Rexford's construction
accounting software (Yardi Elevate).
- Provide support to the Property Management teams as needed with
onsite improvements projects. Experience/Qualifications:
- Experience within industrial, warehouse buildings, retail,
office interior construction preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in project / construction management
managing capital projects ideally for a landlord.
- Construction accounting experience and proficiency in Yardi
accounting software a plus
- Broad knowledge of mechanical/electrical/fire life safety
engineering and building fabric, infrastructure, and coordination
- Exceptional people management skills and ability to work with
various personality types
- Excellent time management skills and experience managing
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong team player with the ability to thrive in a dynamic
- Demonstrates effective and concise communication skills (verbal
and written) with customers, peers, management, contractors, and
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative, open to feedback
and has a strong desire to learn and create new processes and
- Highly resourceful problem solver who can always maintain a
- Experience with budget development and management, with sound
- Not afraid to ask questions and drive for clarity and
completion, with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g.,
Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook). ADA Requirements: The physical
demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described
below are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to
feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
Keywords: Rexford Industrial, Costa Mesa , Capital Project Manager, Professions , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!