Company: Toyota Motor Company
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just
a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of
the world's most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the
future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions
designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We're looking
for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow.
Toyota Racing Development inspires the hearts and minds of racing
fans, Toyota team members, customers and the driving public. We are
dedicated to advancing automotive engineering and maximizing
racetrack success. We partner with the finest race teams and
drivers who share our passion and our actions foster an atmosphere
of excellence. In our pursuit of becoming the most respected and
premier motorsports engineering organization in the world, we are
looking for highly motivated applicants for our available
TRD is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Purchasing
* Creation, maintenance, and distribution of commodity forecasts
for internal / external suppliers with a 12-month planning horizon
to establish reserved manufacturing capacity in accordance with
Lead-time and Production / Development requirements defined by TRD
* Establishes and maintains an Inventory plan for each Engine Spec
while directly influencing manufacturing costs through proper
planning and proper execution of the Development and Production
* Initiates the supply cycle of engines components by analyzing and
evaluating MRP (Material Requirements Planning) to assure we
consistently meet internal and external customer demands.
* Ensures data accuracy of bill of materials, material allocations,
work orders, callout dates and established delivery dates.
* Regular review with Buyers to review Pricing, Lead-time, and
Quotations based on EBQ, and Forecasted demand to ensure data
accuracy and competitive pricing, using lean ordering
* Timely processing of PCM Orders (Parts Credit Module) placed by
external customers and initiation of supply to meet demand.
* Ensures that our plans meet the established internal processing
requirements that include WIP and warehouse inventory in time to
meet program objectives.
* Schedules and prioritizes operations for internal processing and
workflow for various departments within TRD based on established
operation sequences and lead times.
* Timely processing of NCR's (Non-Conformance Reports) to assure
vendor compliance with quality requirements, and disposition of
components that are rejected on the NCR.
* Resolves supplier concerns and evaluates supplier performance in
conjunction with Engineering and Planning Management.
* Coordinates shipment of completed product from suppliers as well
as parts to customers / teams.
* Timely and accurate communication of supply and quality related
issues of Engine components that will impact demand to internal
customers (Engineering, Production & Development Build, TRD
Manufacturing and the Parts Department).
* Identifies potential shortage situations and initiates actions to
limit impact to production schedule. Resolves scheduling issues by
maintaining open and professional lines of communication with
customers and management.
* Performs and coordinates scenario driven planning activities to
provide feedback to Engineering, Manufacturing and Suppliers to
support a streamlined implementation plan for Development or
* Timely and accurate creation of Engineering Updates based on the
release of TRD drawings or, vendor drawings for engine components,
processes, changes or updates to Production and Development Engine
* Ensures all pertinent information is loaded accurately into ERP
System: proper set-up and regular maintenance of part number
classifications, and replenishment values (i.e.; Product Class
Codes, Lead-time, EBQ, Unit Cost, Commodity Code and Safety
* Accurate maintenance of Engineering BOM's (Bill of Materials);
managing the release of changes to the BOM's, Routes and Engine
* Analyzes changes to existing manufacturing plans (i.e.; proposed
revisions / accuracy / completeness of information supplied by
Engineering) prior to release of revised planning to suppliers for
manufacture or, the build shop for assembly.
* Ensures the accuracy of Engine Kits and supply of Random Usage
Engine Components supplied to the Build Shop.
* Collaborates with Engineering to ensure integrity and accuracy of
the TRD Instruction Manual pictures, part numbers, quantity, and
location of the engine components.
* Detailed understanding of the structure and content of the Engine
Build Plan (Production Build and Development Build Schedule).
* Proactive planning and coordination with engineering department
to reduce and avoid inventory obsolescence.
* Commences Project Management planning activities to initiate kick
off meetings, defines planning requirements for implementation,
oversees execution of the plan, and monitors deliverables through
* Active and engaged participation and preparedness to facilitate
constructive conversation in discipline and supplier meetings.
Creation, review, and distribution of meeting minutes identifying
action items, assigns process owners for each action item, and due
A successful candidate will have:
* Minimum requirement for this position is a BA/BS in Business (or
similar discipline) with an emphasis on Supply Chain Management and
or Automotive Manufacturing preferred.
* Direct hands-on experience in Supply Chain Management (including
MRP, logistics management, forecasting and planning, costing
* Direct hands-on experience in ERP/MRP software tools and
* Written Communication Skills: Ability to write in a professional
manner to convey ideas in proper and formal form to streamline
communication that is easily readable and distributed.
* Problem Solving: Ability to identify problem (analyzing factors
and causes), generating alternate interventions for process
improvement to achieve expected results, evaluating the best
solutions and implementing a plan.
* Interpersonal Skills: Includes strong verbal communication,
listening skills, negotiation, problem solving, decision making and
assertiveness in dealing with internal and external customers.
* Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access,
* Direct experience with typical race engine components and
* Direct experience working with a race team, engine supplier or
* Good working knowledge of race engine architecture, development
cycle, and development processes.
* Specialist knowledge in MRP Systems, master scheduling and
* Mathematic Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical
concepts (such as algebra, calculus and statistics).
* 1-5% of travel
Comprehensive health care & wellness plans
Paid holidays and paid time off
Vehicle Purchase and Lease programs
Retirement Plans: 401k and Toyota Retirement Contribution
TRD is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for
all positions without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity,
national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical
condition, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry,
religion, military or veteran status, or any other status protected
by law. TRD hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents and temporary
residents. Temporary residence status does not include individuals
in non-immigrant status (H, B, L, or TN visas) or those with
temporary work authorization, such as students in practical
training status (F and J visas).
TRD provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal
obligations. Any applicant who, because of a disability or
religion, needs reasonable accommodation or other assistance at any
point in the application process, or thereafter if hired, should
contact the Human Resources Department by sending an email to
Your application is covered by the TRD Interactive Resolution
To applicants with a potential relocation:
This position is NOT eligible for TRD relocation benefits.
Due to the nationwide downturn in the housing market, relocation
may have a significant financial impact on you, especially if you
purchased your home in the last several years. Therefore, if you
are an applicant considering a self-initiated move, you are
strongly advised to consider your personal financial status in
relation to the cost of relocation that you will be responsible
for. If you own a home, you are strongly encouraged to consider the
current value and its effect on a home purchase in the new
To assist you in thinking through the various issues related to a
self-initiated and self-financed move, your recruiter will direct
final candidates who own a home to our relocation vendor. Although
TRD will not assist with the actual relocation, our intent is to
make sure final candidates have explored the potential impact of
this decision prior to acceptance of an offer.
Contact the Human Resources Department by sending an email to
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse
perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is
our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business
Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter
locations that support team members' efforts to dream, do and grow
without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been
one of DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member
of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and
woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an
equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the
communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race,
ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or
veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out
the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com or send
an email to email@example.com.
Keywords: Toyota Motor Company, Costa Mesa , Purchasing Analyst, Professions , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!