Assistant Construction Manager
Company: Rexford Industrial
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: January 24, 2023
We are looking for an excellent Assistant Project Managerwho
will be an integral member ofthe construction team responsible for
handling multiple industrial building projects of varying size and
complexity. The position is responsible for the administrative
organization of construction projects as well as oversight of
project schedules, budgets and tasks. The role is closely
integrated with the Project / Construction Managers (CM's) assigned
to each project, and as such is highly collaborative and
educational. Responsibilities also include creating procedures and
utilizing software to make the project set-up, tracking, execution
and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
If the thrills of a rapidly-growing position in the field excites
you and you're up for the challenge, you would be hard-pressed to
come by a better opportunity! The mission and vision of Rexford
Industrial has never been more exciting for the company and for the
people that help make it happen. This is an unique opportunity to
perform an integral role within a well-established and innovative
Assistant Project Manager Specific responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
- Set up and maintain electronic file database for each
- Assist Project / Construction Managers (CM) in preparing and
updating comprehensive budgets and schedules through the duration
of each project.
- Assist the CM's in the review of Contractor quotations to
ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for
- Assist CM's in the preparation and issuance of contracts and
Work Orders for consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Ensure new contracts are fully executed, properly entered into
the project database and coordinated with the accounting
- Track and manage contemplated budget variances, Change Orders
and reallocations for each project.
- Attend weekly and monthly project update meetings and take the
lead in preparation of standard tracking documents for
- Ensure CO's are properly executed, the project database is
updated accordingly, and all updates are coordinated with the
- Manage and review contractor and consultant Pay Applications
regarding accuracy of work reported as complete.
- Ensure Contractors are complying with their contractual
insurance requirements and maintain the files.
- Review substantial completion certificates and ensure all
required project close out documents are obtained on time.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project
information to the CM, Property Manager (PM) and Accounting
- Review invoices with CM's and monitor compliance to contract
requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before invoices
are approved for payment.
- Ensure all project-related invoices including requests for
payments, purchase orders, invoices from vendors and similar
documents are being processed by the accounting team.
- Collect lien releases from Contractors and suppliers; track
preliminary notices and conditional/unconditional lien release
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a
positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this
attitude in others.
Assistant Project Manager Qualifications:
- Experience with Industrial, Warehouse building and Office
interior construction Preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in construction administration
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project and Outlook, and
proficient in learning and mastering new software applications
- Construction accounting experience and proficiency in Yardi
accounting software a plus
- Strong ability to learn, implement and improve new software
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
using email, voice and project management software; provide clear,
concise direction and rapidly respond to inquiries.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize critical tasks; work
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to problem-solve and learn new technologies, and work
- Working knowledge of construction contract terms, ability to
negotiate favorable deal terms
- Strong attention to detail and processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work will under time
and other constraints
- Strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication
Rexford Industrial's reward plan includes highly competitive base
salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term stock incentives. The
expected hourly rate range for this role is $32.70 to $40.86, a 15%
discretionary annual bonus target and stock grant eligibility.* The
actual base salary and total compensation offered depend on a
variety of factors, which include, without limitation, the
qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years
of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of
education attained, certifications or other professional licenses
held, and the location where the job will be performed. The final
base salary and total compensation will be described in any offer
Keywords: Rexford Industrial, Costa Mesa , Assistant Construction Manager, Professions , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!