Lead Plumbing Engineer
Company: ACCO Engineered Systems
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: November 16, 2023
General Job Description:
This position is responsible for independently delivering
engineering services, from conceptual design through construction
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete project planning, coordination, and execution with
- Independently complete conceptual design through construction
drawing development for multiple small and medium sized standard
- Create conceptual designs certified to Building Codes, Energy
Codes, and LEED standards
- Responsible for plumbing calculations, design and layout of
equipment, plumbing systems on assigned projects
- Solid understanding of commercial plumbing applications such as
gas piping, waste and vent, domestic water distribution, and
kitchen plumbing design
- Appropriate engagement of engineering applications and/or
managers in project decisions
- Proactively communicate and coordinate project designs with
Project Management, Construction and Service departments, Controls,
and other trade partners
- Conduct economic and energy analyses
- Field engineering: assist with project execution, trade
coordination, scheduling, document management and problem
solving/troubleshooting, as required
- Responsible for the quality of design drawings and
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues and
project team members
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task
- Oversee other design team members to complete project
assignments when requested by Manager
- Strong understanding of ACCO engineering standards and project
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management
- Professional Engineer license highly desirable, but not
- 3+ years of experience with a Design/Build Mechanical
Contractor or consultant
- Excellent understanding of engineering and design
- Thorough understanding of systems and applications
- Excellent familiarity with Building Codes and industry
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Proactivity / Initiative: Recognizes what needs to be done and
accomplishes it in a manner appropriate for one's level/position
and with minimal supervision.
- Perseverance: Shows the wherewithal to fight for difficult
goals despite challenges and to bounce back from
- Insight: The ability to gather and make sense of information
that suggests new possibilities.
- Engagement: Shows a knack for using emotion and logic to
communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people.
- Teamwork: The ability to effectively work toward common goals
with others by supporting, encouraging, and sharing information in
an authentic and approachable manner.
- Big Picture: Understands and contributes to organizations'
short- and long-term business strategy. On a personal level has
independently developed a vision for short- and long-term career
- Motivation / Dedication: Commits to excellence in pursuing
unselfish goals. Initiates action with collective goals takes
responsibility, and shows personal humility.
- Technical Curiosity / Willingness to Learn: Interest in seeking
out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feed, back;
demonstrating an openness to learning and change.
- Problem-Solver: Ability to identify, analyze, and solve a
problem in support of personal, group, department, or
(The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds,
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
- The auditory/hearing abilities required by the job include the
ability to hear customers calling by telephone.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit for prolonged periods, stand; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit.
- This individual must be a responsible person and regular
attendance is required.
This is a non-exempt position from Monday through Friday. In
general, work hours begin and end between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm and
are determined by the department head.
$44.83 to $56.63 per hour. Applicants please note that actual
compensation is determined by several factors that are unique to
each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills,
depth of experience, certifications, relevant education or
training, and specific work location, among others. The offered
wage or salary is only one aspect of an employee's total
Keywords: ACCO Engineered Systems, Costa Mesa , Lead Plumbing Engineer, Professions , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!