Retail Commission Sales - Furniture, Part Time: South Coast Plaza
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Job Overview: The Furniture Sales Associate is responsible for
providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales,
protection plan (Worrynomore), return rate and Star Rewards goals
on a personal and departmental basis while demonstrating superior
product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience
that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The
associate is also responsible for followup/clienteling and
performing other duties as necessary. Essential Functions:
- Be proficient in all systems need to complete transactions
(SOCR, MySA, BT tablet app, POS, search and send and MPOS).
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop
and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store experience and
have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical
customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority.
- Handle all returns and delivery issues courteously and
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other
customer preference related factors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build
sales and minimize returns.
- Suggest additional items to compliment customer furniture
selection which includes both product and services such as
- Offer to call other locations if items are unavailable within
- Offer to put purchase on customer's Macy's charge account
toward the end of the shopping experience.
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name.
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals, Star Reward
goals, WorryNoMore Conversion Goal and return rate goal.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm
reflecting Macy's commitment to our customer-the most important
person in our stores.
- Use MySa clientele program to maintain customer profile and
contact information to increase personal sales.
- Maintain contact with customers thru pre- and post-delivery
contacts to ensure a positive shopping and delivery
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related
to POS procedures.
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and
pamphlets, attending training classes in order to communicate it to
the customer, complete all vendor courses on the Big Ticket
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales.
- Maintain department recovery standards; which includes recovery
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. Qualifications:
- No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to proactively reach out to potential customers.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator. Reasoning Ability:
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
in a competitive commission environment.
- Organization and excellent follow up skills required. Physical
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing,
reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. Other Skills:
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent
use of RF equipment. Work Hours:
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on
department and store/company needs. This job overview is not all
inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend
this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider
for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a
manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9
Keywords: Macy's, Costa Mesa , Retail Commission Sales - Furniture, Part Time: South Coast Plaza, Sales , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!