Claims Service Representative - Auto Physical Damage
Company: Auto Club of Southern California
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Claims Service Representative - Auto Physical Damage$2,000
Sign-on Bonus for External Hires
This position handles moderate to higher complexity claims matters
involving material damage, property and / or liability lines of
insurance written by the Interinsurance Exchange in compliance with
all regulatory and statutory requirements.
The primary functions include investigation,evaluation, and
negotiation of moderate to higher complexity claims.
- Conduct phone and/or field investigations to determine
liability and damages. May attend and participate in legal
proceedings. Identify and obtain statements from insureds,
claimants and witnesses.
- Communicate and interact with a variety of individuals
including insureds and claimants.
- Explain benefits, coverages, fault and claims process either
verbally or in writing in compliance with regulatory and statutory
- Evaluate and determine claim values upon receipt and assessment
of property, bodily injury and liability data.
- Negotiate within settlement authority with insureds and
claimants to resolve first and third-party claims.
- Update database production reports, and document and update
claim files via company systems, i.e. CACS, HUON, HOC, etc.
- Control expenses for areas of responsibility.
- Verify and interpret / resolve coverage by gathering
- information to ensure policy applicability.
- Coordinate with internal and external departments as
- Identify cross-sell opportunities based on members' product
needs and service requests.
- Enhance member relationship by diversifying use of products and
services. Provide sales leads to insurance, travel and other
departments as appropriate.Education/Experience:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education
and experience required.
- Evidence of continuing education (i.e. industry designations)
- Ability to service claims of low, moderate and higher
complexity as normally acquired through 5-15 years'
- Multi line business experience desirable.
- Moderate computer and line of business technical software
skills required. Moderate knowledge of fault assessment and
subrogation principles required.
- Moderate leadership competencies necessary.
- Advanced organization and planning recognition skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills required.
- Advanced interpersonal skills required. Advanced understanding
- Vehicle repair procedures and issues or;
- Building repair procedures and issues or;
- Third party liability issues.Remarkable benefits:
- Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
- 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
- Tuition assistance
- PTO for community volunteer programs
- Wellness program
- Employee discountsThe Automobile Club of Southern California is
part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have
14,000 employees in 21 states helping 17 million members. The
strength of our organization is our employees. Bringing together
and supporting different cultures, backgrounds, personalities, and
strengths creates a team capable of delivering legendary, lifetime
service to our members. When we embrace our diversity - we win. All
of Us! With our national brand recognition, long-standing
reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are
seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our
team."Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary
service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind
and value."AAA is an Equal Opportunity EmployerThe Automobile Club
of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified
applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and
local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Keywords: Auto Club of Southern California, Costa Mesa , Claims Service Representative - Auto Physical Damage, Sales , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!