National Sales Manager - food - Costco Club Channel Sales
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: November 23, 2022
*National Sales Manager - food - Costco Club Channel Sales &
regional/National headquarters *
*An international food company is seeking for a qualified Sales
Manager who has experience in food industry for 3-7 + years.
Experience in presenting food/ beverage product to grocery store or
club channel buyers with broker is a must. *
* *Must be able to travel Nationally after COVID settles down a
little more about once a month for about 3-5days. *
* *Mostly work from home but must be able to commute to the office
once a week for half day*
* *Flex time (8 hours a day) *
This company has been around for about 100 years in Japan and able
to locate their product at most major grocery stores, Costco and
\*\*\* Please contact for the name of the company\*\*\*
*Location: near Costa Mesa, CA *
*Direct Hire/ Exempt*
*Salary: negotiable DOE + bonus is about 1.5 month worth *
*Title: Sales Manager (National Account) - Club Channel Sales*
*Business Hour: Monday to Friday - flex time if work 8 hours/day
(core time is 8:00am-5:00pm but flexible between starting between
*Mostly work from home but needs to be at the office once a week
*Great benefits: Medical/ Dental / Vision - (100% for employee, 50%
for family) Vacation, National Holiday, 401K, Life Insurance *
*Job Description *
* Responsible for expanding existing accounts & brand awareness;
consumer packaged goods distribution and marketing to all national
and regional accounts including: Costco Wholesale Company (80%) and
other US Retail Grocery Store Supermarket Chain accounts (20%)
* The duties include traveling through the assigned territory to
call on brokers and retail establishments of Costco Wholesale
Company and other US Retail Grocery Store Supermarket Chain. (once
a month Nationally including East Coast for 3-5 days)
* Complies sales data (each chain POS sales, IRI) to utilize
meeting with category buyer for further sales opportunity.
* Makes initial contacts with key personnel of targeted customers
and builds a strong business rapport.
* Displays, demonstrates, presents and/or distributes samples,
emphasizing salable features of the products and introducing new
products at customers' sites.
* Provides assistance in stocking customers' shelves, checking for
spoilage and out-of-date products, and setting up POP or customer
* Coordinates and negotiates ideal store display space with
Management of retail establishments.
* Discusses market opportunities with brokers and Management of
retail establishments and obtains market trends and sales
* Provides prompt and excellent service to customers by
coordinating customers' requests and inquiries.
* Receives and reviews returned, damaged and expired items and
creates credit memos.
* Handles business inquiries by phone, facsimile and e-mail:
investigates and resolves customer problems.
* Works with brokers to share market and customer information and
develop good business rapport.
* Attends trade shows and marketing events to promote the sale of
* Establishes professional customer/vendor relationships with
appropriate customer personnel.
* Provides advice and supports the company's headquarters in Japan,
the plant in Thailand as well as Marketing department regarding new
product development based on clients' needs.
* Develops and maintains sales forecast utilizing sales data,
business plan information and works with Supply
* Chain Management department to maintain and manage inventory
* Ensures to collect all A/R and follows up with customers when the
payment is late.
* Work closely with marketing department, logistic department and
Sales department to develop to increase company sales volume.
* Maintain positive, professional communication at all levels.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must have Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing related
* Must be able to commute to the office once a week for half day
(other days are work from home)
* 3-7+ years of experience in related field in Food or Beverage
* Account Manager experience for grocery chain headquarter or
regional is a must.
* Advanced selling and negotiation skills.
* Must be able to travel nationally including East Coast (once a
month for 3-5 days) - after COVID settles down a little more
* Must demonstrate sales planning, forecasting, and sales execution
* Proficient in EXCEL spreadsheet and PowerPoint presentation
* Must show proven ability to build and maintain strong, effective
relationships with customers and functional groups.
* Must show aptitude to effectively interpret and use multiple
information sources to develop customer-specific tactical plans and
* Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
* Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
_This company has been outsourcing the recruiting matters to
Ingredi, Inc., a recruiting agency. Ingredi, Inc. is responsible
for reviewing and selecting resumes and conducting initial
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Associate (Required)
* Food/beverage/CPG industry: 1 year (Required)
* negotiate with buyers/brokers Nationally or Regionally: 1 year
* Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: On the road%58047475%
Keywords: Ingredi, Costa Mesa , National Sales Manager - food - Costco Club Channel Sales, Sales , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!