Sr. Manager, Software Development
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Experian's Consumer Information Services (CIS) Product
Development team is looking for a highly motivated engineering
leader that can thrive in a non-traditional, fast paced agile
environment at the cutting-edge of the Cloud and Big Data analytics
ecosystem. Data is the currency in today's world, and in this role,
you will be at the forefront of a digital transformation. You'll be
managing a team of Engineers responsible for building data
analytics and identity solutions, to get data into the hands of our
clients, in near real time. We are ultra-focused in our platform
engineering teams and are looking for strong leaders to help us
execute on our vision. If you have a passion for finding solutions
to hard business problems and building partnerships and teams to
deliver these solutions to customers, we are eager to speak with
About us, but we'll be brief
Experian is the world's leading global information services
company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities
for consumers, businesses and society. For five years in a row, we
have been named in the Top 100 "World's Most Innovative Companies"
by Forbes Magazine. With a focus on our employees, we were rated
the #1 Top Workplace by the Orange County Register. Experian
Consumer Information Services is redefining the way our clients do
business within all aspects of the customer credit lifecycle.
Fueled by best-in-class data and innovative technology we help
businesses make smarter decisions, identify consumers, make
decisions on loans, market to prospects and collect.
What you'll be doing
In this role, you will be leading Software Engineers working on
the File One Data Applications Team. Your team will work on key
initiatives such as a multi-year technology modernization journey.
The goal is to migrate from a legacy mainframe technology stack to
a much more flexible, scalable, highly available and less expensive
environment using a cloud based, fully automated microservices and
containerized tech stack. We are a security first organization with
heavy investments around privacy and data adoption, embracing a
hybrid cloud strategy and various data engineering initiatives.
Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Creating the vision for the data engineering/infrastructure
teams across the business and develop a plan to achieve it.
- Establishing the processes needed to achieve operational
excellence in all areas, including program management and SRE.
- Building relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers
and Software Engineers to understand data needs.
- Guiding the design, build and launch of new data models and
data pipelines in production.
- Establishing SLAs for all data sets and processes running in
- Acting as a bridge between various engineering teams by
breaking break through communication issues and building trust
across the organization.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress.
Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide
support to teams balancing competing priorities.
What your background looks like
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- Previous management experience in a high-performing,
large-scale technology company.
- Proven success in developing teams that work on large scale
- Experience in data warehouse technologies, data modeling and
- Experience in any programming language like Java, Scala or
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive,
- Experience working on both real-time and batch processing data
- Four weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two
volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- This is a bonus eligible position, with a bonus target of
- Employee stock purchase program and 401K matching
EOE including Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Experian, Costa Mesa , Sr. Manager, Software Development, Other , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!